Administrative Assistant - Baltimore, MD - Req. 1804277
Under limited supervision, uses intermediate skills obtained through experience and training to provide a wide variety of administrative and staff support services to a manager or group of managers within an assigned functional area. May assist in training others. Follows established procedures to perform routine tasks and receives general guidance and direction to perform a variety of non-routine tasks with limited decision making responsibility. Some judgment is required to adapt procedures, processes and techniques to apply to more complex assignments. Resolves most questions and problems, and refers new or unusual issues to a higher level. Routine contact with internal and external customers is required to obtain, clarify or provide facts and information. May communicate information to internal or external customers to sell or service products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinates and performs a range of staff and/or operational support activities for a manager or group of mangers in an assigned functional area.
• Serves as a liaison with other functional areas, external customers and vendors in the resolution of routine administrative and operational problems.
• Provides administrative support including answering telephones, assisting visitors, and resolving and/or referring a range of administrative problems and inquiries.
• Composes and edits correspondence and/or memoranda from dictation, verbal direction or from knowledge of established policies.
• May prepare, transcribe, compose, type, edit, and distribute agendas and minutes of meetings.
• Schedules and coordinates meetings, events, interviews, appointments and/or other similar activities, which may include coordinating travel and lodging arrangements.
• Prepares or assists in preparing scheduled and/or ad hoc statistical and narrative reports by performing basic information gathering and analysis, as specifically directed.
• Establishes, maintains and updates files, databases, records and/or other documents.
• Develops and maintains data and performs routine analyses and calculations involved in preparing recurring internal reports.
• Sorts, screens, reviews and distributes incoming and outgoing mail and prepares timely responses to a variety of routine written inquiries.
• Requisitions supplies, printing, maintenance and other services.
• Maintains currency in modern office management methods and techniques.
• Operates standard office equipment and uses required software applications.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Intermediate level concepts, principles and practices of providing administrative support.
• Fundamental investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
• Basic principles of banking and finance and securities industry operations.
• Intermediate level terminology of financial markets and products.
• Performing a range of staff and/or operational support activities for a manager or group of mangers.
• Answering telephones and assisting visitors.
• Prepare, transcribing, composing, typing, editing correspondence, agendas and minutes and other documents.
• Scheduling and coordinates meetings, events, interviews and appointments.
• Preparing reports.
• Gathering and analyzing basic information.
• Establishing and maintaining files, databases, and other records.
• Performing routine analyses and calculations involved in preparing reports.
• Sorting, screening and distributing mail.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications.
• Maintain currency in modern office management methods and techniques.
• Read, comprehend and apply business related information.
• Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Work collaboratively within a team environment.
• Provide a high level of customer service.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• High School diploma with a minimum of one (1) years of general administrative support experience required.
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• None required.