ECM Institutional Sales Assistant I – Non-Registered (New Grad or 1-5 Years' Experience) - Req. 1901972
The Institutional Equity Sales Assistant will be responsible for taking
on tasks in support of the whole the sales team in Chicago. He or
she will maintain direct contact with Institutional Investors (clients) to
facilitate meetings, conference calls and deliver written research. The
assistant will act as a liaison between various inter-departmental
administrators and maintain high level
of organization in a fast paced
environment to coordinate sales schedules/travel, marketing trips, client
meetings and general office management. Regular contact with internal and
external customers is required to obtain, clarify or provide facts and
information. The assistant will have the opportunity to advance to a
junior sales role based on performance, merit and aptitude. All candidates
must be willing to relocate over time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Keeps contact database organized and up-to-date
· Organizes and coordinates marketing schedules
• Communicates with analysts and/or research assistants.
• Performs day to day tasks for individual salespeople, in addition to general office management.
• Maintains detailed working spreadsheets of upcoming events relevant to assigned professionals.
• Updates and monitors client research report subscriptions.
• Coordinates and facilitates conference calls between clients and analysts.
• Operates standard office equipment and uses required software applications.
• Performs other duties, projects and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Advanced concepts of financial services and Equity Capital Markets.
• ECM travel policies and expense regulations.
• Ability to learn both general and nuanced information for each client account under the sales assistant’s purview.
• Assisting in marketing sponsored events to appropriate clients.
• Analyzing problems and establishing solutions in a fast paced environment.
• Outlining logistics of meetings and travel that collectively satisfy the needs of sales, management, analysts and clients.
• Gathering and compiling data and information for reporting purposes.
• Responding professionally to inquiries and researching and resolving problems in a timely manner.
• Using standard office equipment and required software applications for electronic communication, spreadsheets and databases.
• Multi-task and prioritize under pressure.
• Work under tight deadlines using personal initiative without close supervision.
• Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
• Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
• Handle stressful situations and provide a high level of customer service in a calm and professional manner.
• Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Provide a high level of customer service, including demonstrating sensitivity to customer needs and responding proactively.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
• Organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Maintain currency in sales/ trading polices and procedures.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
• Minimum 1 (one) to 5 (five) years’ experience in a sales and marketing environment or financial services industry.
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• Series 7 license required within six months of start date.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- • Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- • Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- • Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- • Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- • Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm