Data Center Manager - Req. 1901037
Identifies tools and methodologies to support and facilitate the strategic direction of the data centers throughout the organization. This position will have responsibility for facility operations, planning and maintenance of multiple Data Centers. Handles complex problems independently and demonstrates analytical thinking. Is able to make judgements and recommendations based on the analysis and interpretation of data.
- Establishes project definition and management concerning physical changes and growth of all Data Centers throughout the organization, from initial RFP Development to the final acceptance of completed programs.
- Establishes and maintains vendor relationships and service contracts.
- Interfaces with Office Services Facilities department to ensure all data center facilities meet appropriate building codes, ADA standards and OSHA requirements.
- Provides high level enterprise support: resolves problems, answers questions related to the data center operation, contacts vendor support when necessary to resolve problems and/or outages.
- Conducts planning activities for data centers that encompass efficiency, capacity, general technology guidelines.
- Identifies methodologies and recommends tools to support Data Center as it pertains to maintaining and supporting the data center environments throughout the organization which includes but is not limited to; power & conditioning requirements, both main and backup systems, including UPS and generator, fire suppression, HVAC, power distribution, cabling, alarm monitoring and reporting.
- Provides operational support for systems hardware, peripherals and software within the Data Center environments.
- Works with support personnel to identify areas of possible automation and/or improvement to provide better customer service, enhance problem resolution techniques.
- Provides the following services to support the data centers: manage systems availability; service level support, administration and controls; equipment operation; and procedural documentation.
- Keeps department management fully informed of all situations involving actual and/or potential problems which could jeopardize the data center environments.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and maintenance of department policy and procedure.
- Coordinates with all areas as it pertains to effectively meeting job requirements
- Prepares diagrams, flow charts, graphic presentation, and narrative reports to recommend improvements or resolve problems.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and five (5) years of relevant experience managing multiple data center environments or combination of education, training and experience.
- Five (5) years of experience in managing multiple data center environments highly preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of the following:
- Generator, UPS, HVAC power distribution components, cabling (copper, fiber and electrical).
- OSHA requirements
- ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air-conditioning Engineers) standards and guidelines.
- None required.
- Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
- Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Client Focus: Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.