IT Manager, Infrastructure - Req. 1900611
Raymond James Financial, Inc. is a Fortune 500 diversified holding company providing financial services to individuals, corporations and municipalities through its subsidiary companies engaged primarily in investment and financial planning, in addition to capital markets and asset management. Headquartered in Florida, Raymond James Financial has approximately 7,500 financial advisors in 3,000 locations throughout the United States, Canada and overseas. With 124 consecutive quarters of growth and Service 1st culture, Raymond James Financial aims to be the premier alternative to Wall Street.
About the role:
Raymond James is seeking a Manager within the Technology Infrastructure organization. This role will be based out of our Data center in Denver, CO. In this role, you will lead a team, implement business plans and lead project initiatives related to the RJ infrastructure technology strategy. You will also be responsible for ensuring that the department policies, procedures and guidelines are followed. This position will have extensive contact with Executives and Managers throughout the Technology organization and may have contact with other business areas as needed.
• Manages team that provides infrastructure and operating systems engineering and/or support for Raymond James organization including corporate headquarters, retail branches, operational centers and other locations.
• Implements department policies and procedures; reviews for relevance and monitors associates to ensure compliance.
• Leads the team, and drives high performance to enhance client experience.
• Acts as intermediary and facilitator to help resolve ongoing and/or complex technical issues.
• Creates team goals that align with the Information Technology (IT) and Infrastructure strategies.
• Budgetary responsibilities and be responsible for vendor relationships that fall within the department.
• Manages the daily workload and distributes assignments to associates based on varying skill sets and abilities.
• Supervises project work by team.
• Plans, assigns, monitors, reviews, evaluates and leads the work of associates.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and seven (7) years of related experience including leadership or management experience or a combination of training, education and experience.
• Minimum 5 years of management or team lead experience preferred.
• Experience supporting various Distributed Infrastructure technologies, virtualization, physical server builds, enterprise storage architecture/provisioning, backup/recovery architecture/operations is required.
• Ability to operate with autonomy in a remote site and effectively manage a team.
• Entrepreneurial mindset, be cost conscious and ability to manage budget.
• Manage relationships with vendors and ability to make data driven decisions.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Financial services industry experiences a plus.
• None required.