Founded in 1962, Raymond James Financial, Inc. is a Fortune 500 diversified holding company providing financial services to individuals, corporations and municipalities through its subsidiary companies engaged primarily in investment and financial planning, in addition to capital markets and asset management. Headquartered in Florida, Raymond James Financial has approximately 7,500 financial advisors in 3,000 locations throughout the United States, Canada and overseas. With 119 consecutive quarters of growth and Service 1st culture, Raymond James Financial aims to be the premier alternative to Wall Street.
As a Senior Application Developer you will be part of a dynamic team of highly technical developers and architects that work on major transformation initiatives. Our vision in Information Technology is in parallel with the firm’s vision. We strive to be the premier provider of financial services technology and support through innovative solutions, reliable performance and a Service 1st culture. Besides our headquarters in St. Petersburg, FL, we also have presence in Denver, CO.
- Analyzes complex system requirements, including identifying program interactions and appropriate interfaces between impacted components and sub systems.
- Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or to reuse of existing code.
- Leads or participates in assigned projects, including assigning tasks, coordinating efforts, and monitoring performance.
- May recommend new technologies and methodologies to management for meeting business needs, resolving problems and exploiting opportunities. Remains current with new technologies.
- Obtains and evaluates information on factors such as reporting formats required, costs, and security needs to determine hardware configuration.
- Participates in software system testing and validation procedures, programming and documentation.
- Provides technical advice and assists in solving programming problems.
- Writes and/or reviews system specifications, including output requirements and flow charts.
- Assists in preparing project plans using project management tools.
- Reviews test results; documents test activities, and records remedial actions.
- Ensures proper analysis of problems and programming approaches to prevent rework and schedule slippage.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and a minimum of seven (7) years of relevant development or engineering experience or combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to articulate the value add in leading frameworks templating, state management, routing, etc. as well as when they are and are not necessary.
- Clear grasp of observables/stores and state-management best practices
- Proven track record of quality software delivery
- Experience deconstructing complex problems into modular simple solutions
- Strong understanding and discipline around software test approaches.
- Strong sense of dedication and teamwork toward a goal.
- Good knowledge of DevOps & collaboration tools: Jenkins, Splunk, GIT, TFS, Sonar
- Familiarity with architecture styles/APIs/Protocols (REST)
- Experience in Financial Services Industry
- Experience in the following areas: project management, enterprise implementation, leadership experience, strategic planning, business acumen, application development, change management.
- None required.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to enable them to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and have a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in miind
- Take ownership and hold self and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm