Senior Computer Operator (3rd Shift) - Req. 1900627
Uses advanced specialized knowledge in computer operations to monitor the centralized console area ensuring all machines and systems are running properly. Reports all problem situations using established guidelines. Monitors daily execution, operations and reporting of critical scheduled production processes including electronic file transfer, production schedule and backup job streams on multi-platform mainframe and Windows network. Demonstrates subject matter expertise and is able to integrate domain knowledge with an understanding of financial services standards and practices. Is the primary on the most complex or escalated issues and may provide direction and guidance team members. Applies specialized knowledge and technical skills to deliverables and projects that involve multiple IT departments, business units and may have enterprise impact. Works under limited supervision and exercises considerable latitude and judgement to achieve desired outcomes on a variety of complex tasks.
- Executes, monitors, and processes jobs according to established schedules while maintaining required levels of consistency, accuracy and quality.
- Assists with shift turnover procedures, which include status reports and updating the incident management system.
- Coordinates and assists with all processing related issues.
- Conducts timely analysis, coordination, and resolution of production problems.
- Executes, monitors and reports production processing according to established policies and procedures.
- Monitors system and application messages and takes appropriate action.
- Documents all problems and performs error recovery and bypass procedures.
- Coordinates and monitors business continuity plan (BCP) efforts for the department.
- Coordinates quality assurance (QA) environment efforts for the department.
- Maintains documentation and communications, including status reports and project updates.
- May lead small to medium department projects or participate on projects with larger scope.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Typically requires an Associate’s degree and three (3) to five (5) years of relevant experience or a combination of education training and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related degree preferred.
- May occasionally be required to work a non-standard shift including nights and/or weekends and/or have on-call responsibilities.
- Advanced knowledge of the following:
- Advanced concepts, practices and procedures of computer operations and production environments and related tools.
- Windows / Linux experience is Preferred.
- BMC Control-M on HP Non-Stop and Windows Platforms Preferred.
- Tandem Advanced Command Language (TACL) Preferred.
- HP Non-Stop utilities including backup/restore, FUP, Spoolcom and Peruse Preferred.
- None required.
- Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
- Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Client Focus: Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.