Software Architect - Req. 1803916
Founded in 1962, Raymond James Financial, Inc. is a Fortune 500 diversified holding company providing financial services to individuals, corporations and municipalities through its subsidiary companies engaged primarily in investment and financial planning, in addition to capital markets and asset management. Headquartered in Florida, Raymond James Financial has approximately 7,500 financial advisors in 3,000 locations throughout the United States, Canada and overseas. With 120 consecutive quarters of growth and Service 1st culture, Raymond James Financial aims to be the premier alternative to Wall Street.
About the role:
Responsible for architecting and providing execution intelligence (architecture, design, code, configuration etc.) to architect, design and build enterprise scale platforms as a core service. This role will be based out of our Technology center in Denver, CO.
• Architects platforms which are highly scalable, responsive and serve as a foundation for building key enterprise components.
• Involved in all aspects of SDLC process from requirements, design, and build through deployment.
• Translates business requirements into working foundational components for platform thus ensuring functional and non-functional aspects are met.
• Defines strategic direction and develops tactical plans. Works with application and infrastructure teams to provision platform components.
• Effectively identifies opportunities for change, implements change and introduces new concepts, procedures, policies and tools while providing a clear explanation of benefits and purpose.
• Involved in working with business stakeholders, cross functional teams and leading by example to other application development groups.
• Documenting architectural standards, best practices and mentoring application teams on developing highly distributed, resilient and responsive applications.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• Minimum of a B.S. in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and seven (10) years of related experience or a combination of education, training and experience.
• Ten (10) years of experience in architecting and building high performance internet scale distributed systems strongly preferred.
• Expert knowledge/experience in the following strongly preferred:
o Experienced in architecting and building enterprise scale distributed systems
o Distributed architectures, strong OO background, Distributed Caching and Messaging paradigms
o Financial Industry / Wealth Management Background preferred
o Dependency injection and ORM frameworks
o Java, Spring, Hibernate, web services, messaging
o Domain modelling and Design / Integration patterns
o Experienced in enterprise Java technology and MSFT stack (optional)
o Well versed in relational / non-relational data stores
o Profiling and performance optimization - threading, memory management, JVM optimization etc.
o Automated testing frameworks – unit and integration tests
o Continuous delivery processes from automated build, test and deployment
o Versed in Business Process Modelling and Business Rules domain (optional)
o Domain knowledge of Financial Services preferred
• Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
• Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
• Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
• Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
• Client Focus: Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.