AMP – Financial Advisor - Req. 1901406
The Advisory Mastery Program (AMP) is a unique development program designed to provide training and support to prepare trainees for a successful career as a Financial Advisor. Raymond James advisors provide sound financial advice and counsel consistent with our client’s objectives, time horizon, and risk tolerance. AMP offers comprehensive education, training and mentorship of both technical and sales skills. The holistic approach of the program fully positions new advisors for success and long-term development. After their first year, successful AMP Advisors meet production targets that impact overall company revenue and help our clients realize their financial goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Become trained and skilled to effectively and efficiently function in the Financial Advisor role:
• Develop client pipeline by prospecting, networking, community involvement, centers of influence and developing niches.
• Manage full scope of client relationship by evaluating client financial needs, investment opportunities, current holdings and available investment capital and help them identify their investment objectives.
• Recommends investment products, solutions, and services that are suitable for prospects and clients based on predetermined client needs, time horizons, risk profile, and preferences.
• Seeks expertise of internal resources to identify investment opportunities and solutions for clients.
• Develops a book of business consistent with AMP program goals for assets under management and required production.
• Completes required program training and assignments, obtaining mandatory industry licenses within prescribed timeframes, mastering assessments and meeting minimum performance and production standards.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Economic and accounting principles and practices, financial markets, banking, and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
• Basic principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
• Preparing and delivering clear, effective, and professional presentations.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships with clients.
• Excellent problem solving skills to identify the needs of clients through effective questioning and listening techniques.
• Demonstrate persistence in the face of obstacles and maintain optimism in the face of rejection.
• Accept criticism and deal calmly and effectively in high stress situations.
• Effectively communicate portfolio losses while preserving client loyalty.
• Provide a high level of client service with a strong focus remaining on what’s best for their personal wealth management.
• Network in the community and effectively market him or herself and Raymond James.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A) from four-year College or university preferred, and a minimum of four (4) years working experience, including sales (preferably intangible) or business experience demonstrating achievement preferred.
• An equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training as approved by Human Resources.
• SIE required provided that an exemption or grandfathering cannot be applied.
• Series 7 & 66 required.
• Life, Health and Variable Annuity or ability to obtain within 6 months from start of program.