Sales Development Associate - Greenwich, CT - Req. 1901449
Under limited supervision, uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to support the business of financial advisors by developing client pipelines through prospecting, networking, community involvement, centers of influence and developing niches to meets specific marketing and sales goals. Works independently on difficult assignments that are broad in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity with appreciable latitude for unreviewed actions or decisions. Resolves or recommends solutions to complex questions and problems. Extensive contact with internal and external customers is required to establish and maintain relationships that lead to creating new business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Initiates outbound sales calls and responds to incoming calls and inquiries, including follow-up, sending out materials and obtaining and evaluating background information.
• Participates in professional organizations and activities to expand network of business contacts.
• Establishes and maintains a prospect database.
• Works independently in sourcing and developing new client relationships to enable financial advisors to meet sales goals.
• Assists in developing product oriented positioning documents, product profiles, competitive analysis and other content for web sites, marketing materials and seminars.
• Gathers, analyzes, interprets and distributes information on sales trends, product demand and marketing strategies for assigned products.
• Supports marketing programs and assists others in developing a clear, compelling and differentiated message and position for assigned products.
• Participates in advisor and client seminars, product road shows, branch presentations, conference calls, point of sale support, and other sales functions on behalf of the financial advisors.
• Executes business development strategies on behalf of the branch.
• Gathers information and data on prospects to be used in the sales process.
• Follows-up with financial advisors to ensure high quality service delivery.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Concepts, practices and procedures of business development in a financial services/broker-dealer environment.
• Strong investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
• Principles of banking and finance and securities industry operations.
• Financial markets, products, financial advisory function and investment process.
• Sourcing and developing sales prospects.
• Executing practice development strategies.
• Sourcing and developing sales prospects and referral sources.
• Initiating sales calls and responding to inquiries and turning them into sales opportunities.
• Establishing and maintaining databases.
• Preparing and delivering clear, effective, and professional presentations.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications.
• Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
• Facilitate meetings, ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas and problems are addressed.
• Incorporate needs, wants and goals from different prospects for financial advisor practices into marketing and sales strategies.
• Gather information, identify linkages and trends and apply findings to assignments.
• Research, interpret, analyze and apply information about prospects.
• Organize, prioritize, manage, and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
• Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels to accomplish objectives.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
• Providing a high level of customer service
• Maintain currency in financial services industry and products.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four year college or university with a minimum of two (2) years of experience in marketing or sales in a financial planning, investment management or other financial services environment.
• An equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training as approved by Human Resources.
• SIE required provided that an exemption or grandfathering cannot be applied.
• Series 7 required.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- • Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- • Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- • Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- • Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- • Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm