2019 Research Analyst Internship-Scout Investments - Req. 1804344
Scout Investments has an exciting opportunity for a summer internship supporting our industry leading Mid Cap equity investment team as a Research Analyst. In this role, you will work side by side with portfolio managers and analysts in preparing industry and company research. Daily activities may include collecting, organizing and analyzing data, writing investment related research reports and maintaining financial models for revenue and income forecasts.
For more than a decade, the Mid Cap investment team at Scout has actively managed a distinct strategy by applying repeatable, proven processes steeped in rigorous research and analysis. The team has generated consistent top quartile/decile performance and is one of the top asset gatherers in the industry.
Scout Investments has grown from its initial mutual fund offerings to become an institutional asset management firm with global distribution. Today, our equity management teams, located in Kansas City, Missouri, employ distinct investment processes in search of companies with quality attributes including prudent management, strong fundamentals and growth catalysts. All of Scout’s associates are committed to proactively providing the products, performance and resources that help our clients achieve their investment objectives.
Scout Investments is part of Carillon Tower Advisers, a $65B global asset-management company, offering a multi-affiliate boutique structure providing scalable business-support solutions to distinct and talented investment teams.
- Currently enrolled in a fully accredited MBA program.
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant business and/or finance experience.
- Strong research, analytical, quantitative, and critical thinking skills.
- Experience working in teams with a shared goal.
- Excellent communication skills (presentation, interpersonal, verbal, and written) with the goal of influencing outcomes.
- Highly motivated and independent self-starter with a high tolerance for ambiguity and the ability to address complex business problems.
- Orientation for detail as well as the ability to think both strategically and conceptually.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry including: investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry and financial markets and products.
Licenses: None required, Series 7 an asset