2019 Spring Internship-Fixed Income Whole Loan Trading Memphis - Req. 1804044
Under supervision, uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to review and analyze applications for residential mortgage loans based on Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac underwriting guidelines. Analyzes information and/or documentation in a loan file to determine that proper underwriting of the credit worthiness of a borrower has been met for secondary market sales and portfolio origination. In addition, has an understanding of the original required collateral documents needed for closing and has the ability to utilize certain web based applications to underwrite and review a loan file.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assists in reviewing and shadows underwriting process for conventional loans underwritten for Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Rural Housing Development (RD), Construction/Rehab, First Time Homebuyer, Affordable Housing, and Portfolio loans.
· Reviews employment, income, and asset documentation for accuracy and eligibility to both secondary market investor standards and portfolio loan requirements.
· Evaluates credit history and scores to ensure the borrower's credit meets the investor requirements.
· Reviews and evaluates information on mortgage loan documents to determine if buyer, property, and loan conditions meet establishment and government standards. Reviews all documents and information for potential fraud or misrepresentation and for regulatory compliance.
· Works with customer to clear and cure any missing documentation in the loan file.
· Entry of loan data into loan database.
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
·Company’s working structure, policies, mission, and strategies.
·Ability to communicate research findings across departments regarding loan quality and audits.
·Principles of banking and finance operations.
·Financial markets and products.
·Precision and attention to detail
·Strong math and analytics sufficient for quantitative and analytical analysis.
·Identifying relationships, drawing logical conclusions, and interpreting results.
·Operating standard office equipment and using required software application to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, and spreadsheets.
·Organize, manage, and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with critical deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
·Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with all organizational levels.
·Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
·Project a positive, professional image both internal and with external business contacts.
·Convey information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents.
Educational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
·Senior standing student pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a business field area with expected graduation date of spring 2019.
·Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.