Access Control Officer - Req. 1902517
Working with and supporting a 24/7 proprietary security team, will be responsible for providing a safe and secure environment at Raymond James by managing the physical and electronic access control systems, visitor management system, electronic fingerprinting system, criminal background checks for employees and contractors, ID badging system and process, and more. Under general supervision, will provide technical support to the Security Team to help ensure a safe and secure environment for all of our associates and guests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serves as the records retention officer for Corporate Security and Investigations.
• Supports the Security Supervisor during emergency preparedness drills; i.e., fire evacuations, emergency evacuations, etc.
• Tracks assorted building keys and all electronic security access cards.
• Maintains accurate log of all activity during tour of duty.
• Records and distributes all pertinent information that affects other security associates and/or RJ buildings and property in the Computerized Security Pass Down Log.
• Manages the electronic access control system.
• Manages the visitor management system.
• Manages the electronic fingerprinting and criminal background checks for associates and contractors.
• Manages the document shredding process for the firm.
• Manages the reserved/covered parking program.
• Maintains database of employee vehicle information and updates.
• Serves as the RJ technical liaison for the department.
• Distributes computer printouts and memos to all stations in a timely and efficient manner.
• Collects and records incoming monies received for replacement of lost and duplicate badges.
• Conducts Safety and Security, CPR and First Aid presentations for the firm.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Physical security concepts and best practices.
• Alarm panels and systems; cameras and monitoring equipment.
• Security hardware and software programs.
• Fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of workplace safety and security.
• Project Management.
Skill in (or ability to learn):
• Operating electronic “ID 500” Live scan finger print systems (i.e. responsible for the fingerprinting of all RJ associates, contractors, vendors, including temporary employees).
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications.
• Maintaining an accurate log and a secure location for all lost and found items.
• Maintaining “Report Exec.” report writing/officer management software.
• Multitask and work efficiently in a fast paced environment.
• Possess the wherewithal to provide alternatives when one is needed.
• Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Initiate CPR or minor First Aid whenever such emergency should occur.
• Be trained and certified as a Red Cross first aid trainer for the purpose of instructing security personnel.
• Provide assistance as directed or needed for special events or emergencies.
• Manage and operate Access Control Computer systems (Automatic Door Locking system) and corresponding equipment.
• Maintain “Id Works” Employee Photo and ID Database for all employment information changes (new hires, transfers, terminations, name changes, etc.).
• Conduct background searches of some new RJ associates.
• Strong ability to build and maintain good working relationships throughout the firm.
• Issue badges for assigned groups of contractors (short and long term), students, new hires, etc.
• Serve as the technical liaison for the Security Department.
• Perform technology reviews of new systems or equipment.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
• Learn new systems and procedures.
• Prioritize and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamically changing environment.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Associate Degree or equivalent with three (3) years’ experience in law enforcement and/or military police or related security training.
• An equivalent combination of experience, education and/or training.
• Class D security license or ability to obtain within 120 days.
• AED, CPR and First Aid certificates or ability to obtain within 120 days.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- • Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- • Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- • Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- • Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- • Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm