Analyst, Financial Markets Technician - Req. 1901321
Provide technical analysis on various asset classes - emphasis on equites.
Publish daily market commentary, available to advisors and their clients, concerning the markets and macro developments which may impact the equity markets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares and publishes technical research on individual companies and markets.
• Produces quantitative research and highlight developing trends within the Raymond James research universe to aid both the retail and institutional sales force in communicating with their clients.
• Uses intermarket analysis to provide color on developments in the U.S. equity markets.
• Responds to questions about specific stocks, industries, and market trends, via email and phone calls (for both retail and institutional sales)
• Provides technical analysis for Raymond James Corporate & Executive Services (for trading, stock buybacks, etc.)
• Portfolio reviews – aids advisors in looking at individual positions within a portfolio.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Technical analysis – familiar with various aspects of technical analysis and its applications.
• Intermarket analysis - i.e., comprehensive understanding of how U.S. and Foreign equity markets, fixed income markets, foreign exchange, and commodities are interrelated.
• Effective and concise, communicate skills (both written and oral.)
• Analytical and problem solving skills (to assess and explain events in the market.)
• Independent thinking and information gathering, and ability to identify market trends, and apply cogent conclusions to research reports.
• Attention to detail, while maintaining a big picture orientation.
• Gather information, identify linkages and trends and apply findings to reports.
• Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
• Remain cognizant of our commitment to daily workflow and regulatory compliance during high volume activity.
• Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in Finance or related field, as well as a minimum of ten (10) years of related experience
• MBA in Finance or related field preferred
• (or) any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources
• SIE required provided that an exemption or grandfathering cannot be applied.
• Series 7 license
• Series 86/87 license preferred
• Work toward CMT certification