Annuity Systems Support Analyst - Req. 1900852
Under general supervision, uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through experience and/or training to provide telephone support to branch professionals. Collaborate with the management team to identify opportunities for enhancements to the applications and assist with implementation of those enhancements. Recommend solutions to moderately complex problems. Extensive contact with internal customers and external contacts is required to identify, research and resolve issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide telephone support to financial advisors, sales assistants, branch managers and other branch professionals as it relates to submitting annuity business via the firm’s electronic order entry system.
• Act as a liaison between compliance personnel and financial advisors, sales assistants, branch managers and other branch professionals regarding outstanding compliance issues with pending annuity business.
• Identify issues that prevent business from being submitted electronically or lead to a less than ideal user experience, perform root cause analysis of those issues, report issues to the appropriate party and follow through until resolution.
• Keep abreast of annuity product changes, rate changes, system changes and process changes (both internally and externally) and how those affect the submission of annuity business.
• Advise management on suggestions that would improve the financial advisor’s user experience and streamline the submission of annuity business.
• Create and maintain training material for use by financial advisors, sales assistants, branch managers and other branch professionals
• Perform operational testing of system enhancements and new software applications for accuracy and usability.
• Maintain a general knowledge of all areas within the business unit and how they impact the flow of annuity business.
• Monitor and work team electronic mailbox.
• May assist with training new associates.
• Prepare written recaps, reports and spreadsheets for special projects and submits to management for review.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Basic insurance concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry, principles of securities industry operations and/or financial markets and products, as required by assigned functional area.
• Principles, practices and procedures of general office concepts
• MS Office suite of products
• Problem resolution and effective communication, both verbally and written.
• Supporting the testing of new systems, applications, and system enhancements.
• Identifying and resolving systemic and operational issues.
• Performing operational testing on new systems or system enhancements for accuracy and usability factors.
• Evaluating processes and systems and identifying potential user experience improvements.
• Handle a high volume of phone calls.
• Diffuse a potentially heated situation in a calm manner.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
• Provide the highest possible level of support to our customers
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships, both internally and externally.
• Demonstrate strong analytical skills and use critical thinking when solving problems.
• Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
• Read, comprehend and apply technical information.
• Organize and prioritize multiple tasks with changing priorities to meet critical deadlines in a fast paced environment.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• High School diploma or equivalent with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience.
• Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and one (1) year related experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
• Any equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
• None required.