Cost Basis Associate - Req. 1902717
Under general supervision, uses specialized skills gained through training and experience in the securities industry to assist in the utilization of a Cost Basis Reporting System and other Raymond James approved systems to provide clients and internal departments with cost basis, gain/loss and corporate action information. Delivers superior client service through accuracy, timeliness and consistency. Enters data, reviews daily reports and researches any discrepancies. Position involves extensive interaction with fellow workers, other departments and branch associates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Inputs and maintains data on a Cost Basis Reporting system.
• Acts as a team member for issues and projects requiring moderate research and analysis.
• Contributes feedback to overall improvement of Cost Basis Reporting’s processes and internal systems, and assists in implementing corrective actions and solutions as necessary.
• Promotes effective coordination between multiple workgroups in functional areas.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Financial markets and products.
• Fundamental concepts of calculating capital gains and losses
• Fundamental investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
• Learning and applying new information, skills and processes quickly.
• Balancing spreadsheets and reviewing data from multiple sources
• Problem solving complex issues
• Organization and attention to detail sufficient to prioritize multiple tasks while working in a fast-paced dynamically changing environment
• Microsoft Office applications sufficient to produce documents and email with an advanced skill level proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
• Interact effectively with external and internal clients through both written and verbal communication.
• Give customer satisfaction high priority and proactively address customer needs.
• Identify relationships, draw logical conclusions and interpret results for use in decision-making.
• Manage multiple activities simultaneously to ensure timely and satisfactory completion of responsibilities.
• Exhibit initiative, independence and self-direction when performing tasks.
• Perform assignments that are broad in nature.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. A minimum of one to two (1-2) years of general business experience in a professional setting preferred.
• An equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training.
• None Required.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- • Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- • Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- • Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- • Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- • Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm