Financial Consultant I - Req. 1803295
In a team environment, interacts daily on the phone and/or face-to-face interactions with existing and potential clients to help achieve their investment goals based on their investment objectives, time horizon and risk tolerance through education and financial planning. Monitors client’s current investments and offers financial planning and guidance based on each client’s needs. Continuously gains knowledge of the financial industry and markets through various forms of training. Balances client development, investment management, customer service and compliance with personal and professional growth and development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Evaluate clients financial needs, current holdings and help them identify their investment objectives
• Monitor portfolios of existing clients, offer financial planning and provide information on investments and make suitable recommendations based on the Raymond James universe of products.
• Explains the organization, participants, and functions of various securities markets and the principal factors that affect them.
• Opens, transfers, and closes customer accounts and maintains appropriate account records.
• Obtains and verifies the client’s purchase and sale instructions, enters orders, and follows up on completion of transactions.
• Work to acquire additional assets that the client may have held away from the firm
• Ensure firm and regulatory policies are followed within compliance standards
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking, and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
• Basic principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
• Company’s working structure, policies, mission, strategies, and compliance guidelines.
• Fundamental investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
• Effectively communicating with clients over the phone and through various electronic communication.
• Preparing and delivering clear, effective, and professional presentations.
• Identifying the needs of customers through effective questioning and listening techniques.
• Operating client relationship manager system and other required software applications to produce financial plans, correspondence, reports, electronic communication, spreadsheets, and databases.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications (Microsoft Suite of products, Thompson One) to perform research and produce e-mails, memos, spreadsheets and reports.
• Organize, manage, and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
• Continuously learn investment products, industry rules and regulations, and financial planning.
• Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively, both orally and writing.
• Keep all appropriate parties up-to-date on decisions, changes, and other relevant information.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
• Analyze daily activity reports for sales practice, suitability and performance issues.
• Provide a high level of customer service.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university preferred, and a minimum of two (2) years working experience, including sales (preferably intangible), financial planning or business experience demonstrating achievement preferred.
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• SIE required provided that an exemption or grandfathering cannot be applied.
• FINRA Series 7 required.
• FINRA Series 66 or 63 required.
* If FINRA 63, the FINRA Series 65 or 66 is required or must have ability to obtain within 3 months for assigned functional area.
• Life, Health and Variable Annuity.
• Wealth Management Specialist (WMS) preferred.