Service Advisor - Mem - Req. 1901401
Under general supervision, uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through experience and/or formal training to assist branch offices and Financial Advisors in researching and resolving escalated issues. Recommends solutions to moderately complex problems. Extensive contact with internal customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Acts as a liaison between home office departments and the branch offices to research and resolve escalated issues regarding clients’ accounts communicated via phone, correspondence, email and online inquiries; follows the issue all the way through resolution and final communications.
• Determines best method to resolve issues to ensure client satisfaction and adherence to company policies.
• Follows up, either verbally or in writing, to ensure client satisfaction.
• Responds to incoming inquiries related to qualifications, instructions or paperwork requirements for various programs.
• Addresses inquiries pertaining to operational policies and procedures and relay policies that govern the procedures handled at the retail level.
• Communicates and coordinates with Registrations, Sales Management and Compliance Departments to monitor branch and Financial Advisor status.
• Reviews, maintains and documents weekly reports.
• Executes trades in the absence of the Financial Advisor.
• Corresponds with existing clients looking to trade their account that is designated as a house account until a new Financial Advisor is established.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Basic office practices, procedures and methods.
• Account types and industry operations in general.
• Back office systems.
• Organizational and time management skills sufficient to prioritize workload, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications to produce correspondence, presentations, electronic communication and spreadsheets.
• Detail orientation to ensure quality standards are met without impairing workflow.
• Follow-up to ensure resolution and completion of tasks.
• Provide a high level of customer service in a calm, courteous and professional manner.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
• Use effective oral and written communication skills sufficient enough to communicate and interact effectively with Financial Advisors and branch associates.
• Constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• High School Diploma or equivalent and three (3) years experience in the financial services industry, preferably including related service experience.
• Associates Degree Preferred
• An equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training as approved by Human Resources.
• SIE required provided that an exemption or grandfathering cannot be applied.
• Series 7 License required.
• Series 63 or 66 License or ability to obtain within ninety (90) days depending on assigned functional area.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- • Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- • Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- • Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- • Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- • Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm