Underwriter II, Fixed Income - Req. 1900547
Under general supervision, uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to analyze and make recommendations on pricing and structuring new issues. Assists in developing and maintaining relationships with issuing authorities and syndicate members. Assists senior underwriters on assignments that are broad in nature. May work in product disciplines of Corporate Bonds and Preferreds; Government Securities; Mortgage Backed Securities; Municipal Securities. This job does not have trading responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs all duties associated with managed and/or syndicated negotiated and selling group underwritings for the municipal bond department.
• Updates information for managed and/or syndicated negotiated and selling group underwritings into various systems.
• Works with FI associates to maintain relationships with internal and external clients.
• Maintains records of rates and pricing changes and advises sales force of changes.
• Provides information to Bankers to develop reports to respond to Requests for Proposal (RFPs).
• Keeps syndicate members informed about pricing, allotments and regulatory reports for managed underwritings.
• Prepares daily risk exposure report for management.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
•Company’s working structure, policies, mission, and strategies.
•Trading strategies and market characteristics within assigned securities type or sector.
•Concepts, practices, and procedures of Fixed Income.
•Principles of banking and finance and securities industry operations.
•Financial markets and products.
•Strong math and analytics sufficient for quantitative and analytical analysis.
•Strong marketing skills and sales ability.
•Identifying relationships, draw logical conclusions, and interpret results.
•Using technical/professional knowledge, interpersonal and sales skills to obtain customers’ commitment to ideas, services, or products.
•Operating standard office equipment and using required software application to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, and spreadsheets including Microsoft Access databases.
•Read, interpret, analyze and apply information from industry data
•Organize, manage, and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with critical deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
•Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with all organizational levels.
•Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
•Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
•Project a positive, professional image both internal and with external business contacts.
•Convey information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents.
Educational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
•Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) and a minimum of (3) three years of experience in the Fixed Income area of the financial services industry.
•Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
•SIE required provided that an exemption or grandfathering cannot be applied.