Vice President, Operations- Clearance and Settlement - Req. 1803653
Under administrative direction, uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to oversee one or more sub-departments within Operations. Leads large projects, programs or processes with significant business impact involving cross-functional teams. Influences strategic direction and develops tactical plans and completes complex assignments with substantial latitude for un-reviewed actions or decisions. Extensive contact with Senior Management is required, to provide comprehensive solutions to complex problems or needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plans, assigns, monitors, reviews, evaluates and leads the work of subordinate managers and supervisors.
• Performs human resource management activities, including coaching and mentoring subordinates within a performance management culture.
• Coaches and mentors subordinates, identifies training needs, and creates development plans.
• Interprets, applies and recommends changes to organizational policies and procedures.
• Collaborates with private client group management to identify and implement solutions.
• Monitors regulatory compliance with internal and external groups including auditors, FINRA, IRS, SEC and others.
• Establishes objectives with a sense of urgency and develops processes and procedures to ensure efficient and timely work flow.
• Works with product managers and information technology groups to create system requirements that will facilitate processes; moves projects through to implementation.
• Performs periodic reporting on work progress, project completions and additional ad-hoc reporting as required.
• Maintains regular contact with senior manager and other internal customers to identify, research, and resolve issues.
• Ensures effective coordination occurs between assigned functional area(s) and other areas.
• Identifies trends and implements corrective action as necessary.
• Uses financial data and performance indicators to establish control mechanisms and other improvement initiatives.
• Develop and administer policies, procedures, and budget for the department. Ensure policies and procedures are interpreted and carried out properly.
• May manage multiple departmental budgets.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Company’s working structure, policies, mission, and strategies.
• Project management methodology sufficient to act in a sponsorship role.
• Principles of finance and securities industry operations.
• Financial markets and products.
• Performance management.
Rules of all street side clearance and settlement
Complete understanding of DTCC, Fed clearance, and OCC.
Some knowledge of International clearance is preferred
• Preparing operational budgets.
• Interpreting and applying policies and procedures.
• Establishing operational objectives.
• Implementing processes and procedures for efficient and timely work flow.
• Preparing management reports.
• Promoting effective coordination between work groups.
• Plan, assign, monitor, review, evaluate and supervise the work of others.
• Coach and mentor others.
• Identify training needs and develop subordinates.
• Balance conflicting resource and priority demands.
• Maintain currency in assigned area of responsibility.
• Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
• Facilitate meetings, ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas and problems are addressed.
• Incorporate needs, wants and goals from different business unit perspectives into operational processes.
• Read, interpret, analyze and apply information from job-related publications.
• Incite enthusiasm and influence, motivate and persuade others to achieve desired outcomes.
• Interpret and apply policies.
• Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
• Lead others in providing a high level of customer service
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in finance, business administration or related field and eight (8) years experience in financial services, including five (5) years in a management position.
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• Series 99, or ability to obtain within 120 days (as required by FINRA), required
(Persons holding Series 6, 7, 17, 37 or 38 or those who hold principal-level registrations: Series 4, 9/10, 14, 16, 23, 24, 26, 27, 28, 51, and 53 would be qualified to register as an Operations Professional (Series 99) without passing the examination.)
• Ability to obtain Series 7 License or other FINRA Licenses (as required).