Administrative Assistant - New York, NY - Req. 1901267
Administrative Assistant with Wall Street experience. Under general supervision, uses general knowledge and skills obtained through training and experience to process money movement of client funds. General instructions and procedures are provided to perform routine standardized tasks. Resolves routine questions and problems and refers more complex issues to a higher level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receives and directs visitors and telephone calls; maintains record of inquiries, as required.
• Sorts, screens and distributes incoming and outgoing mail.
• Processes money movement of funds, disbursements and check delivery.
• Transmits and receives messages with home office.
• Processes securities transactions, including transmitting orders, cancellation and correction of orders and, ensuring delivery to home office according to proper mailing procedures with confirmation of receipt.
• Maintains documentation to cashiering according to compliance requirements.
• Assists branch managements with audit preparation.
• Assists with opening client accounts by properly completing and submitting required forms.
• Supports client onboarding.
• Monitors document status through importing, scanning and submission of documents.
• Provides general administrative support to branch management.
• Maintains, processes and updates files, records and other documents.
• Maintains inventory, stocks and distributes office supplies.
• Cross-trains and assists with other operational functions as required.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Company’s working structure, policies, mission, and strategies.
• General office practices, procedures, and methods.
• Financial services industry investment concepts, practices and procedures.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, spreadsheets, and databases.
• Organize, manage, and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
• Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels.
• Use mathematics sufficient to complete money movement and reporting tasks.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• High School Diploma or equivalent and prefer a minimum of one (1) years’ experience in industry or related field preferred.
• Bachelors degree preferred.
• An equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training as approved by Human Resources.
• None required.