Business Development Consultant III, Investment Advisors Division (IAD) - Req. 1901846
Under general direction with a high level of autonomy, uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education, experience or certification to develop affiliations with advisor and/or financial planning professionals/organizations to recruit advisors and/or their practices to various Raymond James Financial divisions. Extensive contact with internal and external stakeholders is required to establish and maintain relationships that lead to recruiting new advisors. Acts in a professional sales and marketing capacity to help meet firm goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Creates business development and/or acquisition strategies, generates leads, and maintains and expands referral sources.
• Sources, solicits and develops new affiliations by responding to incoming calls and inquiries, sending out materials and visiting prospects to meet specific recruiting goals.
• Establishes relationships with prospective advisors, provides consultation and education regarding platform of choice or acquisition opportunities.
• Establishes and maintains a prospect database.
• Gathers information and data on prospects to be used in the sales process and for suitability review.
• Evaluates interested prospects to determine suitability.
• Manages the creation of proformas for prospects.
• Oversees visits to home office by prospects to address issues, interests and concerns.
• Assists advisors during transition to the firm.
• May manage the process of advisor succession planning and counsel advisors on the establishment of a successful succession plan.
• May coach and mentor others.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Advanced concepts, practices and procedures of business development in a financial services environment.
• Investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
• Principles of finance and securities industry operations.
• Financial markets and products.
• Financial analysis of businesses and FA practices, business valuation methods and modeling may be required.
• Securities rules and regulations in order to conduct proper due diligence analysis of independent practices may be required.
• Sourcing and developing prospects.
• Developing business development and/or practice acquisitions strategies.
• Maintaining and expanding referral sources.
• Gathering and compiling information and data.
• Initiating sales calls and responding to inquiries and turning them into sales and/or practice acquisition opportunities.
• Facilitating transition/acquisition processes.
• Establishing and maintaining databases.
• Preparing and delivering clear, effective, and professional presentations.
• Effective questioning and listening techniques.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software application to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, spreadsheets, and databases.
• Participate in professional organizations and activities to expand network of business contacts.
• Maintain currency in investment advisor and/or financial planner services and products.
• Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
• Incorporate needs, wants and goals from different prospects/target audiences into marketing and sales strategies.
• Gather information, identify linkages and trends and apply findings to operations.
• Research, interpret, analyze and apply information about prospects.
• Establish and communicate clear directions and priorities.
• Organize, prioritize, manage, and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments, including those delegated, in an area with frequently changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
• Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels to accomplish objectives.
• Incite enthusiasm and influence, motivate and persuade others to meet or exceed sales objectives.
• Plan, assign, monitor, review, evaluate and lead the work of others; coach and mentor others.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree from four year college or university with a minimum of five (5) years experience in Business Development or Sales, with experience with recruiting financial advisors in a financial services environment.
• Masters in Business Administration may be a plus depending on assigned area.
• An equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• SIE required provided that an exemption or grandfathering cannot be applied.
• Series 7 and 9/10 (or 24) or ability to obtain within 6 months, depending on assigned functional area.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- • Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- • Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- • Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- • Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- • Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm