Private Institutional Clients - PM and Distribution - Req. 1900827
Under general direction and with a high level of autonomy, uses knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to make a positive impact on the team and the firm by executing and generating business for the department. Works on major projects, programs or processes with significant business impact involving cross-functional teams. Helps organize distribution of PIC products throughout all of the firm’s channels. Builds relationships with advisor teams and managers. Will develop deep understanding of all products launched through the PIC platform for distribution. Extensive contact with Senior Management is required, to provide comprehensive solutions to complex problems or needs.Contributes to strategic direction, develops tactical plans, and generates leads with latitude for un-reviewed actions or decisions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Helps identify clients to participate in PIC transactions. Builds broad relationship pipeline through advisor channels.
• Creates sales and distribution plans and processes to effectively deliver PIC opportunities to the broader Raymond James network.
• Provides detailed advisor feedback during product origination and approval process.
• Assists Senior Management during distribution process through pitch preparation, advisor/client research, and preparation of client/prospective client files.
• Identifies opportunities to match group offerings with existing or prospective clients, and to convert service conversations into actionable transactions.
• Regularly updates and maintains information in PIC CRM, or other tool used to keep track of sales leads.
• Ensures that any professional, technical, or client service issue or request is resolved in a timely manner and with the appropriate resources.
• Executes and creates demand assessments, advisor surveys, and any other required sales or marketing materials.
• Spearheads new initiatives as requested by Senior Management.
• Supports and generates business development and client service activities.
• Leads or participates in internal projects as required.
• Produces factual information to present to clients.
• Trains analysts and evaluates their performance.
• Reviews progress of sales pipeline with Senior Management.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
•Advanced knowledge of deal execution, capital markets, and deal documentation.
•General investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry, investment banking, and sales.
•Financial markets and products.
•Preparing management reports.
•Establishing departmental objectives.
•Strong interpersonal skills.
•Establishing and maintaining client relationships.
•Identifying trends and implementing appropriate action.
•Analysis to assess and explain events in the market.
•Problem solving skills and the ability to think independently to market ideas.
•Defining high standards of quality, evaluating products and services, and owning performance against those standards.
•Operating standard office equipment and using required software application to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, and spreadsheets.
•Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels.
•Balance conflicting resource and priority demands.
•Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
•Plan, assign, monitor, review, and evaluate the work of others.
•Identify training needs and develop team members.
•Work independently, make non-routine decisions and resolve moderately complex sales problems.
•Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment with frequent interruptions.
•Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
•Interpret and apply policies, and identify and recommend changes as appropriate.
•Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
•Identify required tasks, develop timelines and execute.
•Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization, including negotiating resources.
•Project a positive, professional image both internally and with external business contacts.
•Convey information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents.
•Facilitate meetings ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas and problems are addressed.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
•Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or a related field with a minimum of seven (7) years of experience in the financial services industry.
•Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
•Series 7 & 63 required.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to enable them to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and have a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in miind
- Take ownership and hold self and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm