Operations Associate, Stock Loan - Req. 1900245
Under limited supervision, uses intermediate skills obtained through experience and training to process the delivery and receipt of equity and/or or debt securities utilizing the DTCC or Fed Reserve settlement systems. Several reports are used to make deliveries and process the settled trades. Learn and actively participate in balancing the daily settlement. The person in this role will have interaction with various departments or contra firms and will assist with record keeping.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists co-workers as needed to meet settlement deadlines.
• Updates departmental job description as policies and procedures change.
• Assists with the daily settlement process - make deliveries and runs corresponding entries
• Analyzes current procedures and offers improvement suggestions to increase workflow accuracy and efficiency.
• Resolves monetary or stock record out of balance situations.
• Assists in the issuance and processing of buy-in notices.
• Reviews, researches, and resolves trade problems.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Investment concepts, practices, and procedures used in the securities industry to include the trade cycle of execution, clearance and settlement.
• Financial markets and products.
• Trade processing, trade comparisons, security setup, options transactions and products.
• General office practices, procedures and methods.
• General accounting procedures.
• Mathematical/bookkeeping including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, fractions, averages and balancing sufficient to complete settlement. Requires strong numeric aptitude.
• Operating standard office equipment and the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and Access) at an intermediate to high level.
• Organizational and time management sufficient to prioritize workload, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
• Work well under pressure due to stringent timeframes and high trade volume.
• Adjust to fluctuations in work volume and changes to assignment priorities.
• Maintain accuracy when running entries or delivering shares through the various depositories.
• Communicate information orally and written in a clear and effective manner sufficient to interact with internal associates and external contacts at all levels.
• Research and resolve problems in a timely manner.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Associate’s Degree (A.A.) and a minimum of 2 (two) years of Customer Service, Financial Services Industry, or Accounting experience.
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• None Required.