Branch Manager II - Newtown, PA - Req. 1900450
Under general direction and with a high level of autonomy uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to manage a retail branch office of Raymond James and Associates. Manages the compliance oversight, ensuring adherence to firm and regulatory policies and procedures. May operate within a complex of branches.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Evaluates branch structure and strategic plan, including future growth as needed, to promote overall efficiency and profitability while maintaining a commitment to excellent service. Develops and implements plans to meet office sales goals.
• Responsible for compliance oversight and ensuring adherence to firm and regulatory policies and procedures.
• Performs reviews of client accounts and documents and resolves client complaints.
• Coordinates registrations, continuing education, licensing, etc. of branch personnel.
• Oversees daily trading and other office activities.
• Supervises daily trading and other office activities.
• Facilitates sales promotion activities such as seminars and luncheons/dinners as well as inform FA’s about new products and RJA managed underwritings. .
• Develops and monitors office revenue and expense budgets.
• May attract, select, orient, train, and retain Financial Advisors (FAs) and support staff.
• May conduct ongoing performance appraisals, scheduled performance appraisals and salary reviews of operations associates, and maintains branch associate files.
• May review daily work of associates; evaluate workload and responsibilities of support staff to determine necessary assignment changes to maintain efficient workflow.
• May ensure daily staffing levels and cross-training is adequate.
• Participates in community affairs as a representative of the firm.
• Services clients in his/her own book of business.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Company’s working structure, policies, mission, strategies, and compliance guidelines.
• Economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking, and analysis and reporting of financial data.
• Legal requirements and federal and state regulations related to employment.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, spreadsheets, and databases.
• Preparing and delivering clear, effective, and professional presentations.
• Identifies the needs of customers through effective questioning and listening techniques.
• Handle stressful situations and lead others in providing a high level of customer service in a calm and professional manner, constantly projecting a Service 1st attitude.
• Establish and maintain a respected position of leadership to influence, motivate and persuade others to achieve desired outcomes.
• Project a professional and pleasant appearance and demeanor to work with clients; utilize tact and diplomacy in dealing with customers in a deadline-driven environment.
• Continuously learn investment products, industry rules and regulations, and financial planning.
• Organize, manage, and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
• Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels.
• Articulate reasons behind decisions.
• Keep all appropriate parties up-to-date on decisions, changes, and other relevant information.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Identify problems, gather facts, and develop solutions.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university, and a minimum of three (3) years experience in a financial services firm.
• An equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training as approved by Human Resources.
• SIE required provided that an exemption or grandfathering cannot be applied.
• Series 7, 9, 10, 24
• Life, Health, and Variable Annuity Insurance Licenses.
• NFA Commodities License required if any commodities trading is done at the branch.