Advisor Mastery Program (Financial Advisor Trainee) 3HV - Req. 1803739
Through distance learning, apprenticeship and training at the firm’s international headquarters, the Advisor Mastery Program (AMP) offers a comprehensive education for the next generation of Raymond James Financial Advisors. The program takes a holistic approach by incorporating training for technical and sales skills to fully position new Advisors for success.
In conjunction with a Mentor, Branch Manager, and/or a team of Financial Advisors, the Financial Advisor Trainee will learn to build an individual practice. The Trainee will balance new client development, sales activities, investment management, customer service and compliance with personal and professional growth and development. The Trainee will also provide clients with sound financial advice and counsel consistent with the client’s objectives, time horizon, and risk tolerance. In addition, the requirements of the AMP Program are designed to support long-term development, whether a candidate plans to be a stand-alone Advisor or join an existing team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Become trained and skilled to effectively and efficiently perform the Financial Advisor role:
• If hired as a team candidate, the team will provide the specific goals and expectations.
• Meets production targets that impact overall company revenue goals.
• Develops a book of business consistent with AMP program goals for assets under management and required production.
• Provides a high level of client service.
• Manages the full scope of a client relationship by evaluating the client’s financial needs, investment opportunities, current holdings and available investment capital.
• Helps clients identify their investment objectives by effectively communicating portfolio losses when necessary, while preserving client loyalty.
• Develops client pipeline by prospecting, networking, engaging in community initiatives, centers of influence and developing niches.
• Recommends investment products, solutions, and services that are suitable for prospects and clients based on predetermined client needs, time horizons, risk profile, and preferences.
• Seeks expertise of internal resources to identify investment opportunities and solutions for clients.
• Opens, transfers, and closes customer accounts.
• Maintains appropriate account records while monitoring the customer's portfolio.
• Makes recommendations consistent with changes in economic and financial conditions as well as the client's needs and objectives, considering newly offered investments.
• Obtains and verifies the customer's purchase and sale instructions, enters orders, and follows up on completion of transactions.
• Completes required program training and assignments, obtains mandatory industry licenses within prescribed timeframes, masters assessments and meets minimum performance and production standards.
• Stays abreast of investment products, industry rules and regulations, and financial planning.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Economic and accounting principles and practices.
• Financial markets, banking, and financial data analysis and reporting.
• Basic principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
• Firm’s working structure, policies, mission, strategies, and compliance guidelines.
• Operating client relationship manager system and other required software applications to produce financial plans, correspondence, reports, electronic communication, spreadsheets, and databases.
• Identifying the needs of customers through effective questioning and listening techniques.
• Organize, manage, and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment to run an optimal practice.
• Continuously learn investment products, industry rules and regulations, and financial planning.
• Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels.
• Keep all appropriate parties up-to-date on decisions, changes, and other relevant information, and articulate reasons behind decisions.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients and colleagues.
• Persevere, handle rejection and show resilience during the prospecting and networking process.
• Network in the community and effectively market him or herself and Raymond James.
• Demonstrate persistence in the face of obstacles.
• Accept criticism and deal calmly and effectively in high stress situations.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university preferred with a minimum of three (3) years of relevant working experience, demonstrating achievement in sales (preferably intangible) or business environments.
• An equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training as approved by Human Resources.
• SIE required provided that an exemption or grandfathering cannot be applied.
• Series 7 and Series 66 or the ability to obtain them within four (4) months from the start of the program.
• Life, Health and Variable Annuity or the ability to obtain within six (6) months from the start of the program.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- • Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- • Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- • Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- • Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- • Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm