Branch Admin Manager - Portland - Req. 1901409
Under limited direction of the branch manager, uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to manage the overall operational efficiency of the branch office. Assists the Branch Manager with compliance oversight, ensuring adherence to firm and regulatory policies and procedures. Leads defined work or projects of moderate scope and complexity. Resolves or recommends solutions to complex problems. Extensive contact with internal and external customers is required to identify, research, analyze and resolve complex issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Recruits, selects, orients, trains and supervises branch associates.
• In conjunction with the Branch Manager conducts ongoing performance management, scheduled performance appraisals and salary reviews of operations associates, and maintains branch associate files.
• Reviews daily work of associates; Evaluates workload and responsibilities of support staff to determine necessary assignment changes to maintain efficient workflow.
• Ensures daily staffing levels and cross-training is adequate.
• Coordinates registrations, continuing education, licensing, etc. of branch personnel.
• Assists with daily trading and other office activities.
• Assists with reviews of client accounts and resolution of client complaints.
• May assist in the development and monitoring office revenue and expense budgets.
• May assist Branch Manager in managing their book of business.
• May be responsible for ensuring compliance with firm and regulatory policies and procedures including but not limited to daily trade blotters, MARS reports, incoming client correspondence, new account form approvals, and advertising approvals.
• Assists Branch Manager in disseminating information at regular branch meetings.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned. May perform some Branch Manager duties.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Comprehensive understanding of company policies and procedures and industry rules and regulations.
• Investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
• Financial markets and products.
• Human resource management principles and practices.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, spreadsheets, and databases.
• Handle stressful situations and lead others in providing a high level of customer service in a calm and professional manner, constantly projecting a Service 1st attitude.
• Project a professional and pleasant appearance and demeanor to work with clients; utilize tact and diplomacy in dealing with customers in a deadline-driven environment.
• Employ good analytical skills to be able to research account information and resolve problems.
• Establish and communicate clear directions and priorities.
• Utilize good interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills to deal with clients, financial advisors, support staff and home office personnel.
• Establish and maintain a respected position of leadership to influence, motivate and persuade others to achieve desired outcomes.
• Effectively organize, manage, track and complete multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
• Work independently, under minimal supervision.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university in a related field and three (3) to five (5) years Operations Manager experience in the financial services industry.
• An equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training as approved by Human Resources.
• SIE required provided that an exemption or grandfathering cannot be applied.
• Series 7 required.
• Series 9 & 10 if required by business unit.
• Series 63, 65 and/or 66 as required by state.
• Ability to obtain additional securities and advisory state registrations if required by state.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to enable them to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and have a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in miind
- Take ownership and hold self and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm