Full-stack Developer (Java and Angular) - Req. 1602521
As part of a development technology team, analyzes business requirements and problems and drives research to design quality technical solutions.This individual will be involved in portions of the full systems life cycle (based on experience/skills) and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting application software that is delivered on time and within budget.
- Analyzes system requirements, including identifying program interactions and appropriate interfaces between impacted components and sub systems.
- Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or to reuse of existing code.
- May lead assigned projects, including assigning tasks, coordinating efforts, and monitoring performance.
- May recommend new technologies and methodologies to management for meeting business needs, resolving problems and exploiting opportunities. Remains current with new technologies.
- Obtains and evaluates information on factors such as reporting formats required, costs, and security needs to determine hardware configuration.
- Participates in software system testing and validation procedures, programming and documentation.
- Provides technical advice and assists in solving programming problems.
- Writes and/or reviews system specifications, including output requirements and flow charts.
- Assists in preparing project plans using project management tools.
- Reviews test results; documents test activities, and records remedial actions.
- Ensures proper analysis of problems and programming approaches to prevent rework and schedule slippage.
EXPERIENCE and SKILLS
Minimum of a B.S. in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and five (5) years of related experience or a combination of education, training and experience.
5+ years of Java/J2EE development experience is required.
Strong experience with REST services and Spring and Hibernate frameworks is required.
Working experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Oracle databases, web services, design patterns, continuous integration, automated unit test and test driven development is highly desired.
Financial Services industry experience preferred.
Analysis:Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
Communication:Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Exercising Judgment and Decision Making:Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
Technical and Professional Knowledge:Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
Building Effective Relationships:Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
Client Focus:Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.