Associate Director of Acquisitions - Req. 1900287
Use extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to facilitate the acquisition of existing Multi-family Real Estate that meets the Fund’s investment guidelines with a high level of autonomy. Assist Team Leader with executing a business development strategy to build relationships with strategic partners and clients within a multi-state region. Manage a number of broker and owner relationships independently, including negotiating definitive documents. Responsible for sourcing a large number of transactions annually, with limited direction. . Work with market participants in order to engage new business, maintain the existent client base and expand the business. Provide comprehensive solutions to complex problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Interviews and/or visits market participants to present the Preservation Fund program and gather information.
• Assists Team Leader with development and implementation of business developments plan for client relationship building purposes.
• Works with sophisticated deal structures and owners.
• Assist in team efforts to analyze information to determine if projects meet company investment requirements.
• Performs quality control and assist in meeting the team’s overall objectives.
• Maintains contact, and independently manage numerous relationships with strategic partners and owner-clients to ensure good service.
• Responsible for all aspects of sourcing a large number of transactions annually with limited direction.
• Assists staff in resolving business problems.
• Works closely with Team Lead to become integral to securing new business, maintaining the existing client base and expanding the business.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Company’s working structure, policies, mission, and strategies.
• Advanced concepts, principles and practices of LIHTC.
• Advanced concepts, principles and practices of the real estate industry.
• Yields, market pricing and profitability and their relationships with one another.
• Principles of banking and finance and securities industry operations.
• Reading and understanding complex financial statements and legal documents.
• Follow-up to ensure accuracy and completion of tasks.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software application to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, and spreadsheets.
• Promote team cohesiveness, cooperation and effectiveness.
• Communicate effectively both oral and written.
• Identify issues and solve problems with minimal involvement from counsel, feasibility team and producer.
• Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment; and maintain accuracy on completed work.
• Proactively demonstrate readiness and ability to initiate action.
• Make decisions independently and consistently.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
• Identify required tasks, develop timelines and execute.
• Understand and consider different investor economics and deal terms.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization, including negotiating resources.
• Creatively solve problems and identify innovative solutions.
• Project a positive, professional image both internal and with external business contacts.
• Convey information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents.
• Independently structure and negotiate an investment through the LOI andPurchase and Sale Agreement.
• Identify relationships, draw logical conclusions and interpret results for use in decision making.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in accounting, business or related field and a minimum of seven (7) to ten (10) years of real estate experience.
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• None Required.