Complex Sales Development Manager-South Central Texas Complex-San Antonio, TX - Req. 1900859
Under limited supervision, uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through experience, education and/or training to support a Division Director in the communication and implementation of policies and procedures as they relate to recruitment of Financial Advisors, sales strategies, and performance coaching. May lead large or multiple projects with significant scope and impact. Translates business strategy into work programs and processes. May direct lower level managers or team leaders or directly manage a specialty function. Works independently on difficult assignments that are broad in nature requiring originality and ingenuity with appreciable latitude for unreviewed actions or decisions. Provides comprehensive solutions to complex problems. Results are evaluated at agreed upon milestones for effectives in achieving specified results. Extensive contact with internal and external customers is required to identify, research, and analyze complex issues. Assists with the oversight of a geographic division and will provide strategic support of various activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Implements policies and procedures as they relate to recruitment of Financial Advisors, sales strategies, and performance coaching.
• Assists in the communication and implementation of sales development tools, strategies and campaigns that focus on enhancing professional development of new and established Financial Advisors i.e., selling skills and techniques, product knowledge, etc.
• Serves as a change agent. Supports, communicates, and reinforces changes in strategic initiatives.
• Assists with the development of sales strategies and marketing plans.
• Facilitates regular sales calls and meetings to enhance communication and relationship building with sales force.
• Review sales reports and other internal metrics to identify low producing Financial Advisors and recommend appropriate coaching to reach goals.
• Provides ongoing feedback to Home Office Training and Development on program enhancements.
• Reviews progress of assignments with senior management.
• Balances conflicting resource and priority demands.
• Coaches and mentors subordinates.
• Interprets, applies, and recommends changes to organizational policies and procedures.
• Plans, assigns, monitors, and manages the work of others.
• Reviews performance and evaluates results achieved by subordinates.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Company’s working structure, policies, mission, strategies, and compliance guidelines.
• Economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking, and analysis and reporting of financial data.
• Performance or actions necessary for trainees to build a business.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, spreadsheets, and databases.
• Preparing and delivering clear, effective, and professional presentations.
• Organize, manage, and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
• Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels.
• Articulate reasons behind decisions.
• Keep all appropriate parties up-to-date on decisions, changes, and other relevant information.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Identify problems, gather facts, and develop solutions.
• Provide a high level of customer service.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
• Interpret and apply policies and identify and recommend changes as appropriate.
• Incite enthusiasm and influence, motivate, and persuade others to achieve desired outcomes.
• Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
• Facilitate meetings, ensuring all viewpoints, ideas, and problems, are addressed.
• Incorporate needs and goals from different business unit perspectives.
• Gather information, identify linkages, and trends, and apply findings to assignments.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university and a minimum of seven (7) years financial advisor experience in a retail financial services firm.
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training.
• SIE required provided that an exemption or grandfathering cannot be applied.
• Series 7 required.
• Series 7 required.