Investment Banking Analyst, Health Care Group (San Francisco, CA) - Req. 1900826
Under administrative direction, uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to work with a variety of financial products, including public and private debt and equity financings, mergers and acquisitions and financial advisory. Analyst will contribute and generate ideas during the entire transaction process. Works independently on difficult assignments that are broad in nature requiring originality and ingenuity with appreciable latitude for un-reviewed actions or decisions. Leads large multiple projects with significant scope and impact.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develops financial models to assess debt and equity financing alternatives for transactions
· Performs valuation methodologies comparative company analysis and discounted cash flow analysis on target companies.
· Provides valuable input to equity offerings, valuations, private placements, mergers and acquisitions advisories.
· Researches, analyzes, presents and documents drafting elements of a developing transaction.
· Develops client presentations.
· Follows general current events in respective industry groups and keep bankers informed about critical issues in the news relevant to current and potential clients.
· Maintains files related to active and prospective deals.
· Maintains group databases – Deal Database and Weekly Status Reports.
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
·Fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of Investment Banking.
·Fundamental investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
·Financial markets and products.
·Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
·Analytical skills sufficient to assess and explain events in the market.
·Problem solving skills and the ability to think independently sufficient to market ideas.
·Operating standard office equipments and using required software applications, including Microsoft Office and established databases.
·Gather information, identify linkages and trends and apply findings to reports.
·Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
·Remain cognizant of our commitment to daily workflow and regulatory compliance during high volume activity.
·Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
·Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
·Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
·Assume full responsibility and accountability for own actions.
·Demonstrate uncompromising adherence to ethical principles.
·Be proactive and demonstrate readiness and ability to initiate action.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
·Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in related field.
·Minimum of 1 year experience.
· Experience in biotechnology is preferred.