Corporate Action Associate - Req. 1901876
Under limited supervision, responds to inquiries, processes, balances and reconciles client and firm positions, related to complex corporate actions, which may include both domestic and foreign issues. These actions may be considered either “voluntary”, e.g., exchange offers, election mergers, tenders, rights exercises or “mandatory”, e.g., dividend and interest allocations, reverse splits, mergers, plan of reorganizations, sale/liquidation of Unit Investment Trusts and class action lawsuits. May require interpretation of legal materials to complete the process
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Determines required actions and processes by reading legal and/or regulatory documents/materials furnished by affected companies
• Ensures Financial Advisors (FAs) are notified about corporate actions affecting their clients
• Processes complex mandatory and/or voluntary offers
• Processes and allocates dividends and interest payments
• Processes daily reports to update account status
• Receives and processes client elections (instructions) when applicable
• Provides answers and information to complex or unusual client inquires independent of management. Firm held liable for this information.
• Updates client and firm accounts
• May handle high volume of telephone, fax, and email inquiries regarding past and current corporate actions from Branch and Home Office associates.
• Actively participates in User Agreement Testing (UAT) for systems and new process implementation
• May assist with special projects
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Securities industry related to job responsibilities, department and division.
• Products concepts relating to financial services industry, including financial instruments, financial management, and cash and capital principles.
• General office practices and procedures.
• Using required software applications to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, spreadsheets and databases at an intermediate to high level.
• Taking independent and prompt action to exceed customer needs and ensure client satisfaction.
• Effectively balancing customer and organization needs when there is a conflict or challenging problem to resolve.
• Reading and understanding Stock Records.
• Providing superior client service.
• Analyzing operational processes and identifying opportunities for improvement.
• Ensuring procedures are updated and maintained on an ongoing basis.
• Critical thinking and problem solving.
• Processing complex information to make logical decisions.
• Process complex financial transactions in an accurate and timely manner.
• Use basic mathematics to solve problems, tabulate, and analyze data.
• Communicate in order to make one self understood by supervisors and co-workers.
• Effectively communicate; defined as writing that is direct, courteous, grammatically correct, clear, succinct and business-like.
• Demonstrate mental agility; identifying connections between issues; quickly understands, orients to, and learns new assignments.
• Organize and prioritize workload while meeting critical deadlines.
• Create logical, organized documents, spreadsheets, business correspondence, etc.
• Calculate percentages, balance accounts, and provide statistical data.
• Organize, manage, and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast paced work environment.
• Remain positive under pressure.
• Resolve complex problems by exercising sound judgment, but knows when to escalate issues.
• Identify potential functional improvements to processes and services provided.
• Work in a structured, team-oriented environment with peaks in work volume.
• Read, comprehend and apply complex business related information.
• Remain open to change and to considerable variety in the workplace.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field.
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• None Required.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- • Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- • Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- • Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- • Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- • Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm