Customer Account Associate - Req. 1901473
Serves as the agent between Branches and the Home Office in call center environment. Reviews, updates, maintains, and services accounts. Protects the Firm, Financial Advisor (FA’s), and the client by enforcing collection procedures, policies, regulations, and monitoring activity in accounts, while providing superior service. Assists less experienced liaisons in their training and development. Monitors reports related to account issues, maintains accurate record keeping to meet Exchange and Firm requirements; notifies FA on actions concerning client accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Answers escalated calls and questions regarding accounts.
• Works with Branch personnel to understand and resolve complicated problems and requests.
• Reviews all margin agreements for required information.
• Reviews, maintains and services all customer account records. Maintains records of accounts as required by regulatory bodies and departmental procedures.
• Assists with training and development of less experienced associates, remaining available for their questions once training is completed.
• Analyzes cash and margin accounts on a daily basis; issue and track any necessary calls – file extension on calls, send mailgrams.
• Answers calls referring to specific trading violations.
• Informs Supervisor or Customer Account Associate III of potential problems or status of high-risk accounts and situations.
• May perform other duties or responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Relevant word processing, database, spreadsheet, and e-mail computer applications to create and/or edit documents, reports, and correspondence.
• Compliance, with an eye for situations that could present risk to the firm.
• Verbal and written communication skills to interact with all levels of management, other associates and counterparts at other firms.
• Servicing a high volume of calls from Financial Advisors and associates while providing excellent customer service.
• Project a professional demeanor to train associates on new duties and tasks.
• Work thorough complicated activity
• Work independently and in cooperation with supervisor.
• Work well under stress created by time deadlines, workflow volume changes, and telephone/associate inquiries.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• None required.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- • Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- • Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- • Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- • Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- • Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm