Network Systems Administrator - Req. 1803463
We are looking for an Information Security professional that has a strong background in networking and knows their way around a data center. Raymond James is a rapidly growing Fortune 500 enterprise where customer focus is key and reliability and resiliency are a must. Work with us as we embrace a software defined architecture and host real time geographically resilient applications. We are a fast paced IT organization, and we know our work makes a difference. With a customer first mindset, our goal is to create or select and maintain products that make us the advisor of choice. In this role, we will rely on you as the primary network and security resource for our disaster recovery location. This location has become ever more critical as our organization grows globally and we pursue active/active solutions. This is why it is important we find someone who is self-driven, sees the big picture, and isn’t afraid of a challenge. In our team of teams environment you’ll have opportunities to collaborate with departments like the Cyber Threat Center, Automation Center of Excellence, Content Delivery, and all other areas of security and infrastructure. If you have the skills that fit this role, we’d like to talk to you about helping us in our pursuit of excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages and maintains complex systems.
• Performs implementations and upgrades in compliance with security guidelines.
• Ensures availability, security and integrity of assigned systems.
• Monitors systems, including setting alerts to maintain the stability of the environment and monitoring error logs. Troubleshoots or escalates issues as needed.
• Evaluates and identifies ways to automate, streamline, and improve day-to-day maintenance and administrative practices.
• Installs or coordinates installation of patches and releases on development, test, pre-production, and production systems.
• Ensures adherence to Service Level Agreements regarding application availability.
• Serves as central point of contact and as a liaison to other IT departments and vendors regarding installations, server maintenance, licensing and upgrade issues.
• Effectively manages communication between end users, vendors, and IT departments to solve production, pre-production, test, and t environment problems quickly.
• Creates and maintains accurate system run book for assigned systems.
• Maintains current description and documentation of application configuration, including tracking and documenting any changes to environments.
• Assists in capacity planning, performance monitoring and tuning on assigned systems.
• Participates in business continuity and disaster recovery planning, including assisting with fault tolerance and disaster recovery plans.
• Participates in project meetings supporting business objectives.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree MIS, Computer Sciences, Business or related degree and three (3) years of relevant experience preferably in systems or application administration or a combination of education, training and experience.
• May work a non-standard shift including nights and/or weekends and/or have on-call responsibilities.
• Knowledge of the following highly preferred:
• Concepts, principles and practices of systems administration.
• Network and security concepts and technologies.
• Monitoring tools to ensure required availability of assigned systems.
• Cisco certification a plus – CCNA/CCNP, etc.
• Experience with supporting networking in a data center.
• Financial firm experience a plus.
• Understanding of Change Management.
• Palo Alto and F5 experience a plus.
• None required.
Competencies and Behaviors:
• Analysis: Identify and understand Issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
• Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
• Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
• Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
• Client Focus: Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.