Systems Engineer - Req. 1901767
Administer and manage complex enterprise technology solutions. Acts as primary support and central point of contact on large or multiple systems with significant impact across the firm. Work with a team of individuals with shared experience to complete projects and maintain support of systems. Extensive contact with internal customers, other technology professionals, and vendors is required to identify, research, analyze, and resolve system issues and problems. Applies specialized domain knowledge in monitoring, assessing, analyzing and/or evaluating processes and data. Makes judgements, decisions and recommendations based on analysis and knowledge.
Technical Skillset highly preferred:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and five (5) years of relevant experience in assigned area or combination or education, experience and training.
- Experience with installing enterprise applications and maintaining support through patching
- Demonstrated experience in creating and implementing enterprise automation solutions
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience developing/architecting enterprise applications with an eye to reliability and scalability
- Understanding of standard and using protocols/technologies such as DNS/WINS, TCP/IP, SSH, Active Directory, HTTP/S, IIS, Apache, Apache Tomcat, F5, Weblogic, Splunk etc.
- Experience using tools such as: Ansible, Chef, Puppet preferred.
- Experience in scripting with languages such as Python, Ruby, etc.preferred.
- Strong team and collaboration skills
- Strong experience in Linux and firm knowledge on Windows
- Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
- Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a high level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Client Focus: Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- • Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- • Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- • Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- • Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- • Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm