Transfer Associate - Req. 1804187
Under general supervision, uses developed skills obtained through experience and training to complete the process of exteranl transfers of client’s assets. This position is composed of researching complex problems, monitoring work flow, maintaining department statistical information and providing operational support to our clients. Associate in this role are expected to provide excellent customer service, professionalism and superior support to internal and external clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reviews and approve client requests to transfer accounts to and from contra firms.
• Screens incoming or outgoing client requests and verifies all necessary legal documentation that accompanies the client signed documents.
• Scrutinizes information contained in all types of transfer forms and letters of authorization.
• Maintains detailed records/notes to ensure all client requests are completed within regulated time allotment.
• Reconciles client accounts accurately.
• Effectively creates and distributes client correspondence.
• Assists management in identifying procedures and policies that are outdated or ineffective.
• Assists management to improve department productivity through participation in unit meetings, ongoing training and self-development.
• Answers mail, phone calls and email inquiries with exemplary Service 1st professionalism.
• Performs general clerical activities, including faxing, copying and filing.
• Assists other areas of the department with various functions when volume is high and/or staffing levels are low.
• Performs box count on a rotational schedule when needed.
• Occasionally leads monthly functional team meetings.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Each type of security held by the firm and an understanding of the similarities and differences of each security, especially in terms of their complexities.
• Various industry rules and regulations that must be followed when transferring accounts.
• Other Home Office Operations departments.
• Various required legal documentation needed to process requests.
• Organizational and time management to prioritize workflow and ensure duties and projects are completed by the stated deadline.
• Reasoning and problem solving to research and resolve complex problems.
• Operating standard office equipments and using required software applications, including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Access) sufficient to create documents, spreadsheets, and business correspondence.
• Work independently and in a team environment, seeks out supervisor when needed.
• Understand the firm risks when transferring clients assets.
• Effectively communicate and interact with all levels of management, other associates and counterparts at other firms.
• Demonstrate efficiency and flexibility in performing detailed transactional tasks in a fast-paced work environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
• Work well under stress created by time deadlines, workflow volume changes, and telephone/associate inquiries.
• Understand the various legal documents required by various companies in order to process client requests.
• Learn and apply new information, skills, and processes, quickly including the various regulations, back office systems and imaging system.
• Interpret financial statements.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• High School diploma or equivalent with a minimum of two (2) years of customer service and/or securities related experience preferred.
• An equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training.
• None required.