2019 Summer Intern-Global Wealth Solutions Investment Research Analyst Internship - Req. 1900427
supervision, the Global Wealth Solutions (“GWS”) Investment Research Analyst Intern
utilizes general knowledge of finance and investment concepts obtained through
education and previous work experience in order to provide clients with a
platform of investment opportunities. Primary functions include conducting
quantitative and qualitative due diligence, investment analysis, and product
development across multiple investment products within the Global Wealth
Solutions Group, including but not limited to, hedge funds, private equity,
real estate, mutual funds, structured investments, and other investment
products. This will encompass maintaining frequent contact with current as well
as prospective product sponsors; and supporting financial advisors with
requests related to investment products. Additional responsibilities include
conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis on new products that are not
currently offered at the firm, as well as participating in various projects and
initiatives across Global Wealth Solutions in order to improve processes and
procedures across multiple businesses.
· Analyzing the investment merits and risks of assigned traditional and non-traditional investment products, as well as their associated suitability for RJ clients.
· Attending meetings and calls with prospective and current investment products.
· Performing quantitative and qualitative due diligence as well as investment analysis (e.g., financial modeling, benchmarking, risk analysis, etc.) on traditional and non-traditional investment products, making product recommendations and presentations as appropriate.
· Attends meetings and round tables to learn and share industry best practices and initiatives across multiple investment product areas.
· Works closely with senior investment product managers on analysis and recommendations related to existing investment products as requested by financial advisors.
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
·Specific knowledge of hedge funds, private equity, real estate, structured investments, and other investment products
·MS Office applications, particularly Excel
·Programming language (preferred)
·Cultivating and maintaining effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
·Excellent education and presentation skills.
·Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
·Demonstrating uncompromising adherence to ethical principles.
·Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications.
·Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
·Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others at various organizational levels.
·Identify required tasks, develop timelines, and execute.
·Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
·Gather information, identify linkages and trends and apply findings to assignments.
·Research, interpret, analyze and apply information about investment advisor organizations.
·Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
·Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
·Entering junior or senior year student pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Finance, Business, or Economics. Relevant internship experience preferred.
·Any equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training approved by Human Resources.