2019 Summer Internship Development Program- Financial Reporting Intern (Accounting Majors Preferred) - Req. 1802702
The Summer Intern will gain an understanding of various accounting and regulatory functions performed by the Financial Reporting team and the various technology used to perform these functions. Under specific supervision from Financial Reporting personnel, the Intern will use accounting and financial reporting skills gained through ‘on the job’ training and experience to assist with specific tasks related to a strategic initiative – which is to replace / modernize the firm’s Financial Systems software.
Under general supervision, uses skills gained through education, training and experience to assist in preparing financial statements or with specific projects within an assigned functional area for a specified period of time. Follows established procedures to perform tasks and receives general guidance and direction to perform other work with substantial variety and varied complexity. Some evaluation, originality, ingenuity and judgment is required to adapt procedures, processes and techniques to apply to more complex assignments. Resolves routine questions and problems and refers more complex issues to a higher level. Routine contact with internal and external customers may be required to exchange basic information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Specified projects and varied assignments.
- Operates standard office equipment and uses required software applications.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Uses accounting software to prepare financial statements or variance reports for internal use.
- Limited responsibility for resolving routine accounting problems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of a professional office environment.
- Basic concepts of accounting and financial reporting.
- Basic concepts of accounting system and reporting tools.
- Operating standard office equipment and using, or have the ability to learn, required software applications.
- Basic experience with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Current student pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- Declared Accounting Major with an interest in Financial Reporting and Management Information Systems.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.