2019 Summer Internship Development Program- Investment Advisors Division (IAD) Intern - Req. 1803012
The Investment Advisors Division (IAD) provides comprehensive support services to independent, fee-only portfolio managers, financial planners, trust companies and accountants. The mission is to support our financial advisors' fee based business by developing the most innovative fee based programs, while providing the highest quality of service.
Under general supervision, uses skills gained through training and experience to assist with specific projects within an assigned functional area for a specified period of time. Follows established procedures to perform tasks and receives general guidance and direction to perform other work with substantial variety and varied complexity. Some judgment is required to adapt procedures, processes and techniques to apply to more complex assignments. Resolves routine questions and problems and refers more complex issues to a higher level. Routine contact with internal and external customers may be required to exchange basic information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Specified projects and varied assignments.
- Operates standard office equipment and uses required software applications.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of a professional office environment.
- Basic concepts, principles and practices of an assigned business unit.
- Operating standard office equipments and using, or have the ability to learn, required software applications.
- Organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Current student pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Declared Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Business Major.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.