2019 Summer Internship Development Program- Legal/Law Clerk Intern - Req. 1900250
Under general supervision, use skills gained through education, training, and or experience to assist with specific legal research projects within an assigned functional area of the legal department (functional areas span litigation/arbitration, regulatory, and transactional practices.) Follows established legal department procedures and receives general guidance and direction to perform each research tasks with varied complexity. Some judgment required to adapt procedures, processes, and techniques.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support in-house counsel and members of the legal department in conducting legal research.
• May conduct or update 50 state surveys.
• Perform legal research utilizing both written and electronic sources.
• Prepare legal memos.
• Gather and compile facts and relevant case information.
• Review legal agreements.
• Operate standard office equipment and use required software applications.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of a professional office environment.
- Basic concepts, principles and practices of an assigned business unit.
- Operating standard office equipments and using, or have the ability to learn, required software applications.
- Ability to learn and use legal software i.e. Westlaw, Bloomberg, etc.
Operating standard office equipment
Strong research skills
Excellent communication and writing skills
Strong attention to details
- Organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Student currently a rising 3L or third year in an accredited law school or university
- Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources
- None Required.