2019 Summer Internship Development Program-PCGIP - Req. 1803051
Under supervision, the PCG Investment Product Analyst Intern utilizes general knowledge of finance and investment concepts obtained through education and work experience in order to provide clients with a platform of investment opportunities. Primary functions include conducting quantitative and qualitative due diligence, investment analysis, and product development across multiple investment products within the Private Client Group, including but not limited to, Variable, Structured, Indexed, Fixed, and Income Annuities; Structured Investments; and Concentrated Equity Funds. This will encompass maintaining frequent contact with current as well as prospective product sponsors; and supporting financial advisors with requests related to investment products. Additional responsibilities include conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis on new products that are not currently offered at the firm, as well as participating in various projects and initiatives across Private Client Group in order to improve processes and procedures across multiple businesses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Analyzing the investment merits and risks of assigned traditional and non-traditional investment products, as well as their associated suitability for RJ clients.
· Conducting onsite due diligence for existing and prospective investment products.
· Performing quantitative and qualitative due diligence as well as investment analysis (e.g., financial modeling, benchmarking, risk analysis, etc.) on traditional and non-traditional investment products, making product recommendations and presentations as appropriate.
· Attends meetings and round tables to learn and share industry best practices and initiatives across multiple investment product areas.
· Works closely with senior investment product managers on analysis and recommendations related to existing investment products as requested by financial advisors.
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
·Investment products and securities markets in general
·MS Office applications, particularly Excel
·Cultivating and maintaining effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
·Excellent education and presentation skills.
·Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
·Demonstrating uncompromising adherence to ethical principles.
·Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications.
·Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
·Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others at various organizational levels.
·Identify required tasks, develop timelines, and execute.
·Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
·Gather information, identify linkages and trends and apply findings to assignments.
·Research, interpret, analyze and apply information about investment advisor organizations.
·Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
·Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
·Sophomore or junior standing student pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Finance, Business, or Economics. Relevant internship experience (insurance, finance or investment related) preferred.
·Any equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training approved by Human Resources.