2019 Summer Internship Development Program- Risk Management ECM Intern - Req. 1802982
The Risk Management department seeks to identify, assess, manage, monitor, and report the level of risk within the organization as well as meet regulatory expectations. This internship specifically will support the Capital Markets Division Risk Management team. The Capital Markets Division Risk office is tasked with providing consultation and effective challenge to the business on managing risks inherent to fixed income and equity capital markets businesses.
Under general supervision, uses skills gained through training and experience to assist with specific projects within an assigned functional area for a specified period of time. Conduct reviews of limited scope and complexity and develop risk profiles in assigned processes within a functional area. Follows established procedures to perform tasks and receives general guidance and direction to perform other work with substantial variety and varied complexity. Some judgment is required to adapt procedures, processes and techniques to apply to more complex assignments. May recommend process improvements for departmental and business unit processes and procedures to improve internal controls and mitigation strategies Resolves routine questions and problems and refers more complex issues to a higher level. Routine contact with internal and external customers may be required to exchange basic information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Specified projects and varied assignment
- Assist in performing a process risk analysis of core capital markets processes
- Aggregate and analyze data to identify potential trends
- Assist in preparing Executive Management business facing reports
- Evaluate internal firm and peer firm loss events related to capital markets
- Help assess business continuity and supplier risk
- Operates standard office equipment and uses required software applications
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of a professional office environment.
- Basic concepts, principles and practices of an assigned business unit.
- Operating standard office equipments and using, or have the ability to learn, required software applications.
- Organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Preferably rising junior or senior enrolled in an accredited degree seeking program.
- Students majoring in Risk Management, Insurance, Accounting, Finance, or any related Business Major.
- Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.