2019 Summer Internship-Supervision - Req. 1803770
Raymond James Supervision supports business units by managing activity/account review, product oversight, escalation/approvals and governance. Supervision partners closely with the business to proactively manage risk and develop appropriate review processes. Positions in Supervision cover a wide range of roles such as field supervision, trade review, product review, international business oversight, financial and strategic analysis, and metrics and reporting.
Under general supervision, uses skills gained through training and experience to assist with projects related to the build-out of supervisory processes, teams and initiatives. Follows established procedures to perform tasks and receives general guidance and direction to perform other work with substantial variety and varied complexity, with latitude for independent thinking and problem solving. Some judgment is required to adapt procedures, processes and techniques to apply to more complex assignments and provide unique solutions. Resolves routine questions and problems and collaborates with department leaders on more complex issues. Routine contact with internal and external customers may be required to exchange information and ideas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Specified projects and varied assignments.
- Assists with implementation of PCG Supervision strategy (people, process, governance, and technology).
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, dashboards and performance metrics which will support PCG Supervision.
- Assists in researching Supervision issues.
- Works with audit, compliance, risk and other control areas to review processes and standards.
- Coordinates with various compliance teams to obtain information for research, analysis, and risk reviews.
- Shadow associates performing supervisory functions.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of a professional office environment.
- Basic concepts, principles and practices of an assigned business unit.
- Operating standard office equipment's and using, or have the ability to learn, required software applications.
- Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Preferred basic knowledge of the financial services industry
- Organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
- Currently pursuing a four year degree at an accredited university.
- Rising Sophomore, Junior, or Senior preferred.
- Open to Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business, or any other related College of Business major.
- Licenses/Certifications: None Required.