Advisor, Supervision - Trade Review - Req. 1900515
Under limited supervision, uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through experience, specialized training to analyze various Supervision sales practice and trading reviews to detect trends, trading patterns, and possible policy and rule violations to ensure adherence to securities industry regulations and limit firm liability. Responsible for the review and resolution of daily and periodic alerts using the firm’s supervisory review system and other ancillary reviews. Determines suitability of client branch activity based upon regulatory rules and regulations and policies Some guidance is provided to perform varied work that is somewhat difficult in nature and that requires evaluation, originality and ingenuity to make moderately complex decisions. Resolves or recommends solutions to complex problems. Leads defined work or projects of moderate scope and complexity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conducts and analyzes routine Supervision reviews, and monitors trading activities through the use of various reports and systems. Adjusts existing programs, policies and procedures, as directed.
• Identifies and advises client branches of irregularities; determines suitability of client branch activity
• Pro-actively monitors and ensures that trading activities in clients’ accounts meet the objectives of those accounts. Reports findings and manages concerns in a professional manner.
• Interfaces with sales management associates to inform them of any supervisory concerns that may arise with branch office managers/FAs and works together with them to address these concerns as well as to resolve any conflicts that may arise related to client accounts.
• Monitors and keeps up to date with regulations regarding trading activity in client accounts and applies them accordingly.
• Assists in researching Supervision issues and in alerting management to current regulatory issues.
• Assists in developing training programs, including maintaining training records and coordinating training with functions.
• Prepares and delivers written and oral presentations to business units.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Fundamental investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry
• Principles of banking and finance and securities industry operations.
• Investments and trading, securities industry regulations, and client suitability (all at a level consistent with the requirement of Series 9/10 licensing). Familiarity/facility with RJ and its systems is preferable.
• Concepts, practices and procedures of securities industry and/or banking supervision reviews.
• Company’s working structure, policies, mission, and strategies.
• General office practices, procedures, and methods.
• Suitability and other Supervision issues involved with branch manager/FA trading activity.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, spreadsheets, presentations, and databases.
• Critical thinking and decision-making, involving the interpretation of regulatory rules and policies.
• Detail orientation to ensure the regulatory liability is limited, without impairing workflow.
• Independently manage and complete multiple projects and tasks; work independently with minimal direct Supervision.
• Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels including branch managers/FAs.
• Establish and communicate clear directions and priorities.
• Focusing on the details, while logically recognizing patterns or trends.
• Gather information, identify linkages and trends and apply findings to assignments.
• Interpret and apply securities and/or banking regulations and identify and recommend Supervision changes as appropriate.
• Work under pressure on multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
• Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively, both orally and writing, with all organizational levels.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
• Adhere to policies regarding confidentiality given the sensitivity of the information analyzed.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) and a minimum of two (2) years of experience in Supervision/Compliance and/or the financial services industry.
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
-Series 9/10 or 24 preferred, or ability to obtain within an established time frame.