Analyst, Corporate Business Development - Req. 1900072
Under general supervision, uses knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to assist in the research, identification, and assessment of acquisition strategy. Responsible for contributing to the firm's acquisition efforts including: performing qualitative and quantitative research on the financial services industry and potential target companies, completing financial and valuation analysis, assist in preparing executive level deliverables, and attending senior level meetings. In each of these areas, this position will work closely with senior management and the relevant business unit managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform in depth company research and analysis on prospective business acquisitions
· Prepare industry and company research by collecting, organizing, and analyzing data to be used in the drafting of firm and sector profile reports
· Gather and identify key pieces of intelligence from company financial filings, financial media and analyst coverage
· Highlight and communicate key themes verbally and in writing to relevant internal audiences
· Assist in valuation analysis of targets and comparable firms
· Maintain and modify existing valuation models and track all industry comparable transactions and trading multiples
· Identify opportunities and issues of strategic importance
· Monitor daily news on companies strategically significant to Raymond James
· Deliver timely analysis of research with minimal support
· Assist in creating management presentation and updates on certain companies or industries
· Clearly communicate, in oral and written formats, financial condition of companies
· Create and maintain a database of prospective targets, comparable firms, and firms that have approached Raymond James directly or through investment bankers
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Basic level understanding and interest in financial markets and products
· Fluency in financial statement analysis
· Analytical ability to provide insight into links in information and ability to communicate key points
· Knowledge of fundamental investment concepts, practices, and procedures used in the securities industry
· Building project plans and creating/maintaining project management tools
· Creating and updating project schedules using automated project software
· Exercise initiative and problem solving skills to independently resolve issues
· Structured, logical and creative thinker, with a willingness to challenge the status quo
· Excellent communication skills both written and oral, must be comfortable working with people at multiple levels
· Self-starter with a 'can do' attitude, high energy and ability to prioritize, take ownership and drive projects through to completion.
· Learn new software packages and systems
· Learn and document new processes/procedures independently and accurately
· Partner with multiple partners across the organization to accomplish departmental goals
· Detail oriented while remaining focused on the global perspective
· Operate with little direct management.
· Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels.
· Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
· Bachelors Degree in Accounting/Finance (or distinguished academic status)
· Experience in Investment Banking or Capital Markets
· None required.