Asset Management Analyst - Req. 1901532
- Monitor properties through the construction, lease up process and once in portfolio through the end of compliance.
- Monitor Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) compliance and property management activities.
- Assist in completing complex portfolio analysis; prepare reports, and present results to leadership team.
- Analyzes financial statements, leasing reports, tenant income rent summaries, inspection reports, general partner certifications and other documents supplied by general partners.
- Performs site visits to observe the physical conditions and management practices of LIHTC properties.
- Performs random audits of tenant files and follow up on all non-compliance issues including IRS form 8823’s.
- Under supervision, works with asset manager assigned to complete complex financial and operational analysis.
- Determines what variances exist compared to the original acquisition model.
- Maintains a thorough and current record of property activity in the RaPID portfolio management system.
- Prepares various reports as necessary.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Company’s working structure, policies, mission, and strategies.
- Fundamental concepts, principles and practices of Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC).
- Fundamental concepts, principles and practices of the real estate industry.
- Principles of banking and finance industry operations.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Reading and understanding tax returns, financial statements, operating and cost budgets, and LIHTC specific documentation
- Communicating effectively orally and in writing
- Preparing and interpreting real estate financial projections and reporting
- Utilizing database and document management software to gather varied and complex information
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications including Microsoft Office to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, and spreadsheets.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Under guidance/supervision, organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment to meet required results.
- Under guidance/supervision, identify required tasks, develop timelines and execute.
- Analyze data, identify issues, draw logical conclusions and interpret results for use in decision making.
- Provide accurate and high quality work product in a timely manner.
- Convey information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents.
- Gather data from multiple sources, review, and accurately input data into various spreadsheets or database.
- Proactively demonstrate readiness and ability to initiate action.
- Project a positive, professional image both internal and with external business contacts.
- Assume full responsibility and accountability for own actions.
- Identify issues and develop solutions within the portfolio.
- Demonstrate uncompromising adherence to ethical principles.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in business, finance, accounting or related field and some real estate experience.
- Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
- None required.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- • Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- • Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- • Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- • Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- • Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm