Asset Management Analyst - Req. 1901532
Under general supervision, uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through training, education, and experience to complete site visits, financial statement analysis, and document analysis for the purpose of monitoring assets throughout the investment period. Guidance is provided to perform varied work that is somewhat difficult in character requiring evaluation, originality and ingenuity to make moderately complex decisions, process information in a timely manner, and operate within a team environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor properties through the construction, lease up process and once in portfolio through the end of compliance.
- Monitor Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) compliance and property management activities.
- Assist in completing complex portfolio analysis; prepare reports, and present results to leadership team.
- Analyzes financial statements, leasing reports, tenant income rent summaries, inspection reports, general partner certifications and other documents supplied by general partners.
- Performs site visits to observe the physical conditions and management practices of LIHTC properties.
- Performs random audits of tenant files and follow up on all non-compliance issues including IRS form 8823’s.
- Under supervision, works with asset manager assigned to complete complex financial and operational analysis.
- Determines what variances exist compared to the original acquisition model.
- Maintains a thorough and current record of property activity in the RaPID portfolio management system.
- Prepares various reports as necessary.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Company’s working structure, policies, mission, and strategies.
- Fundamental concepts, principles and practices of Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC).
- Fundamental concepts, principles and practices of the real estate industry.
- Principles of banking and finance industry operations.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Reading and understanding tax returns, financial statements, operating and cost budgets, and LIHTC specific documentation
- Communicating effectively orally and in writing
- Preparing and interpreting real estate financial projections and reporting
- Utilizing database and document management software to gather varied and complex information
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications including Microsoft Office to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, and spreadsheets.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Under guidance/supervision, organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment to meet required results.
- Under guidance/supervision, identify required tasks, develop timelines and execute.
- Analyze data, identify issues, draw logical conclusions and interpret results for use in decision making.
- Provide accurate and high quality work product in a timely manner.
- Convey information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents.
- Gather data from multiple sources, review, and accurately input data into various spreadsheets or database.
- Proactively demonstrate readiness and ability to initiate action.
- Project a positive, professional image both internal and with external business contacts.
- Assume full responsibility and accountability for own actions.
- Identify issues and develop solutions within the portfolio.
- Demonstrate uncompromising adherence to ethical principles.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in business, finance, accounting or related field and some real estate experience.
- Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
- None required.