Content Manager, Associate - Req. 1900720
Under limited supervision, develops, coordinates and implements marketing initiatives and advisor content to support corporate business objectives. Uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through education, experience and training to obtain, analyze and disseminate content and assists in recommending marketing strategies for more complex campaigns in an assigned functional area. Autonomously prioritizes and manages projects and coordinates internal teams to produce resources in support of larger products. Participates in product research projects of moderate scope and complexity. Performs varied, sometimes complex, analysis activities that require some evaluation, originality and ingenuity in solving problems or making moderately complex decisions. Regular contact with internal customers and external information sources is required to obtain, clarify, or provide facts or information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops concepts for marketing campaigns and consults with account management and/or product management teams on creative execution. Builds broad-based support for marketing ideas and projects
- Coordinates creation of quarterly marketing campaigns and builds marketing plans for campaigns.
- Lead curation of existing content into useable themes/topics available across multiple channels including but not limited to websites, email/newsletters, and social.
- Manages deadlines and expectations for projects through regular communication.
- Develops actionable analysis on the effectiveness of various marketing campaigns across the Marketing team.
- Works closely with representatives from other business units and partner firms, as well as associates in the firm’s account management, product management, and market research departments.
- Develops campaign positioning documents, target audience profiles, competitive analysis and other content for web sites, marketing materials, seminars and other marketing products.
- Gathers, analyzes, interprets and distributes information on product demand and marketing strategies for assigned products and campaigns
- Collects and analyzes information pertaining to the use of assigned products and campaigns, analyzes and evaluates ideas and suggestions and identifies best practices to be shared with others.
- Prepares and analyzes utilization and other reports for assigned products.
- Identifies, monitors, prepares and disseminates information on products, sales strategies, capabilities, vulnerabilities and intentions of existing and potential competitors.
- Supports marketing programs and assists others in developing a clear, compelling and differentiated message and position for assigned products.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Financial services.
- Marketing processes and overall business knowledge sufficient to develop marketing strategies within the organization on inter-departmental, corporate, business-to-business, and/or client levels.
- Industry trends with the ability to determine and convey their potential impact upon various clients.
- Product Management.
- Principles, methods and techniques used in conducting product research and analysis.
- Face-to-face and telephone feedback collection.
- Internet resources for data and information.
- Data collection and classification techniques.
- Principles, techniques, methods and procedures associated with basic statistical and financial analyses.
- Ethical standards of the American Marketing Association (AMA), the Council of American Survey Research Organizations (CASRO) and the Society of Competitive Intelligence Professionals (SCIP) for conducting professional competitive intelligence data collection activities.
- Project management and creative brief writing
- Business writing, including drafting, editing and proofreading internal and external communications
- Organizational, planning and time management skills – as well as a “roll up the sleeves” mentality – sufficient to independently oversee multiple projects from start to completion.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Relationship management skills and ability to set and manage expectations
- Product analysis concepts, practices and procedures.
- Designing and developing survey questionnaires and other feedback mechanisms and compiling survey feedback.
- Preparing technical reports, correspondence and presentations.
- Synthesizing and summarizing data research findings and data from conventional library, databases, reports and internet resources to draw logical conclusions and report results.
- Identifying trends and patterns in statistical information.
- Researching, manipulating and compiling data.
- Interpreting and applying practical meaning to research results and presenting the information at an appropriate level to broad audiences.
- Identifying and selecting sources of competitive intelligence information and conducting competitive intelligence studies
- Conducting product research projects using accepted sampling methodologies and data collection procedures.
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications to produce documents such as reports, graphics, electronic communication, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Employ critical thinking and analysis to develop strategies to overcome client objections.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing to internal and external stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others at all organizational levels.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
Educational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university and a minimum of two (2) years of professional experience required.
- Product research and analysis experience in the financial services industry preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
- None required.