Auditor - Req. 1901792
Under general supervision, uses knowledge and skills obtained through education, experience, training and/or certification to conduct audits of limited scope and complexity. Develops risk profiles of assigned processes within a functional area. Recommends process improvements for internal audit processes and procedures to improve internal controls. Guidance is provided to perform varied work that is difficult in nature and requires some evaluation, originality and ingenuity to make moderately complex decisions. Resolves or recommends solutions to complex problems. Results are evaluated at agreed upon milestones for effectiveness. Maintains regular contact with internal and external customers to identify, research and resolve problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead and support audit activities such as: risk assessments, audit testing, control evaluation, work paper documentation, follow-up and issue closure verification.
• Partner with colleagues, clients and control community members to evaluate the control environment. Make recommendations to strengthen internal controls.
• Stay up-to-date with evolving regulatory changes and market events that impact the business.
• Perform ongoing analysis of risk trends through business monitoring and audit coverage execution.
• Partner with other groups within Audit to ensure complete coverage to deliver an integrated audit program.
• Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of business areas, financial products, and supporting functions.
• Perform continuous monitoring of various business groups.
• Perform data collection and analysis in compliance with audit program requirements to identify, analyze and recommend changes to core business processes.
• Assist in performing design reviews over assigned audit areas to identify key controls.
• Independently perform tests of operational effectiveness to validate controls.
• Identify, review, assess and document risk management and control issues of assigned business processes.
• Assist with the preparation of written recommendations regarding the effectiveness of assigned business processes. Prepare follow-up plans to ensure aforementioned recommendations are addressed.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of auditing and risk assessment.
• Fundamental concepts of financial markets and products.
• Fundamental concepts of finance and accounting.
• Understanding of operational risks and related controls of regulations.
• Works well individually and in a team. Shares information, supports colleagues and encourages participation.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to Senior Management.
• Strong analytical skills, particularly in regard to assessing the probability and impact of an internal control weakness.
• Proven ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders, learn quickly, be flexible and think strategically.
• Proven ability to multi task, complete projects on time and within a budget, and adapt to changing priorities.
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and effective under pressure.
• Planning, organizing and conducting audits.
• Identifying key business processes.
• Identifying and documenting risk management issues.
• Testing key controls within business processes.
• Preparing written reports and delivering oral presentations.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting and a minimum of two (2) years of experience in the financial services industry.
• Any equivalent combination of education, training or experience approved by Human Resources.
• None Required.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to enable them to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and have a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in miind
- Take ownership and hold self and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm