Branch Service Specialist - SP - Req. 1900076
Under general supervision, uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through experience and/or formal training to assist branch offices and Financial Advisors (FA) with their client needs by researching and resolving escalated issues associated with client accounts. Resolves and recommends solutions to moderately complex problems that arise with the FA’s, their clients, branch administration, and/or other Raymond James departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Acts as a liaison between home office departments and the branch offices to research and resolve escalated issues regarding clients’ accounts communicated via phone, correspondence, email and online inquiries; follows the issue all the way through resolution and final communications.
• Determines best method to resolve issues to ensure client satisfaction and adherence to company policies.
• Follows up, either verbally or in writing, to ensure client satisfaction.
• Responds to incoming inquiries related to qualifications, instructions or paperwork requirements for various programs.
• Addresses inquiries pertaining to operational policies and procedures and relay policies that govern the procedures handled at the retail level.
• Communicates and coordinates with Registrations, Sales Management and Compliance Departments to monitor branch and FA status.
• Acts as liaison for the branches by explaining the many different systems used and directing the FA to the appropriate systems needed.
• Works with branches and the Asset Management Services team to ensure independent branches are approved for certain account types based upon analysis done by the associate.
• Serves as main point of contact for certain firm initiatives, changes, or unexpected events. Examples are changes to account fees, trade fees, statement and reports
• Acts as the liaison for the Attorney of the Day process.
• Responds to FA questions and concerns about the statements and confirms.. Must understand and be able to interpret all products and information on various types of statements.
• Handles fee waiver questions for the branch. Makes decision based on each case and unique circumstances.
• Works with branches and advisors on the cost of doing business (trade related costs).
• Acts as the main point of contact when BCP events arise for the independent branches.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Basic office and branch practices, procedures and methods.
• Account types and industry operations in general.
• Back office systems.
• Organizational and time management skills sufficient to prioritize workload, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications to produce correspondence, presentations, electronic communication and spreadsheets.
• Detail orientation to ensure quality standards are met without impairing workflow.
• Follow-up to ensure resolution and completion of tasks.
• Provide a high level of customer service in a calm, courteous and professional manner.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
• Use effective oral and written communication skills sufficient enough to communicate and interact effectively with Financial Advisors and branch associates.
• Constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
• Ability to handle situations that require de-escalation in high volume circumstances.
• Ability to multi-task between several different functions daily.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with at least two (2) years of securities related experience.
• An equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training as approved by Human Resources.
• None required.