Business Analyst (PeopleSoft) - Req. 1901513
Under limited supervision, uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through training and experience to provide administration and support for the accounting systems and applications. Lead projects and establishes requirements to meet the information and process needs of the organization related to the business area. Acts as liaison to the business areas and systems users. Leads project teams for special projects which may impact multiple business units and oversees with business process improvements, many of which will have significant financial impact on the entire company. Oversees and directs business process improvements. Performs and manages varied work that is difficult in character requiring evaluation, originality and ingenuity. Resolves or recommends solutions to complex problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Leads project teams for managing multiple large, high priority and complex initiatives with significant impact on business processes or business financials.
Leads project team for complex projects impacting the business area.
Team lead for cross departmental upgrades and implementations across systems and on complex issues.
Consults with the Accounting and Financial Reporting business area management team to identify opportunities for business process improvements and initiates process improvements, where feasible, throughout supported areas within the firm.
Coordinates/Manages the testing of patches, fixes and upgrades to business systems via the standard testing path of Development, QA and Production, while working with impacted business users to complete thorough UAT and cradle-to-grave testing.
Supports, maintains, troubleshoots complex issues and administers the primary software systems for the business area., Develops SME/expert proficiency in 1-2 business area systems to address technical requests by super users and IT
Works closely with the Information Technology department.
Consults with the business area management team to identify opportunities for business process improvements and initiates process improvements, where feasible, throughout supported areas within the firm.
Generates project proposals for managerial review, implements approved proposals, documents and trains users and supports implemented processes.
Leads requirements gathering, project plan preparation, user acceptance testing, documentation and implementation.
Creates complex reporting for the business area using SSRS, Crystal and Business Objects.
Trains and mentors lower level associates and interns.
Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- PeopleSoft Financials knowledge is a plus
- Principles, practices, and procedures of internal systems and processes.
- Project Management processes and procedures.
- Business Process Improvement Processes and Procedures preferred.
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, spreadsheets, and databases at an intermediate level.
- Keyboard/typing and 10-dey data entry.
- Strong analytical and problem skills sufficient to recognize and detect work errors and correct them, or offer resolution.
- Strong detail-orientation.
- Plan, organize, manage, and track multiple detailed work assignments with constantly changing priorities and close deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Constructively work under stress and pressure and produce a high volume of assignments using strong organizational and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Be self-motivated with strong sense of creativity and ability to work independently with confidence.
- Promote team cohesiveness, cooperation and effectiveness.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels.
- Think logically and to analyze and solve problems.
- PeopleSoft Financials experience preferred
- Accounting knowledge, general ledger, and project accounting process experience required
- Bachelor’s degree with technical or business specification and three (3) to five (5) years’ experience including any combination of the following: systems administration, technical customer support, application administration, software development, project management, technical consulting, software upgrade/implementation, technical analysis, general finance or accounting.
- Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
- PMP certificated preferred
- CISA certification preferred
- RJ TL3 certification required within 90 days of hire
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- • Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- • Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- • Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- • Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- • Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm