Business Analyst, Technology - Req. 1900057
Founded in 1962, Raymond James Financial, Inc. is a Fortune 500 diversified holding company providing financial services to individuals, corporations and municipalities through its subsidiary companies engaged primarily in investment and financial planning, in addition to capital markets and asset management. Headquartered in Florida, Raymond James Financial has approximately 7,500 financial advisors in 3,000 locations throughout the United States, Canada and overseas. With 122 consecutive quarters of growth and Service 1st culture, Raymond James Financial aims to be the premier alternative to Wall Street.
About the role:
As a Business Analyst, you will have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic team and serve as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide solutions to meet user needs. Our vision in Information Technology is in parallel with the firm’s vision. We strive to be the premier provider of financial services technology and support through innovative solutions, reliable performance and a Service 1st culture. Besides our headquarters in St. Petersburg, FL, we also have presence in Southfield, MI; Memphis, TN; and Denver, CO.
• Creates detailed business requirements for functional (e.g., business processes, rules) and non-functional (e.g., data, security) capabilities.
• Acts as a partner with the business to facilitate and implement technology solutions for Wealth Management Applications
• Validates test cases to ensure that scripts will evaluate the business function being performed.
• Gathers and interprets information from multiple sources (including databases, interviews, etc.) and makes recommendations.
• Provides support for application development teams including documenting business processes.
• Translates technical concepts to business audience and business information to a technical audience.
• Participates in developing estimates and implementation plans for technical solutions.
• Partners with team members to develop project schedules, reports and documentation. May be required to act as project lead on small to medium projects and/or provide direction to others on the team.
• Works with User Experience / Design resources to help visualize requirements into prototype.
• Understands and applies principles in risk management, issue tracking and change management.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business or related degree and three years of relevant experience or a combination of education, training and experience.
• Financial Services experience, especially in trading is highly preferred.
• Ability to act as a liaison between product owners and technology implementers – describe business functions to technical audience and translate technical capabilities, issues to business
• Well versed with the SDLC processes and Agile/Scrum.
• Communication skills: clear and concise written and verbal communication, create effective presentations, create technical documentations
• Team player: partner with team members, develop productive working relationships with other stakeholders, maintain a client focus
• Experience with Data Analysis and Data Mapping required.
• Knowledge of Oracle and MS SQL databases.
• Knowledge of risk management, issue tracking, change management and requirements gathering.
• May occasionally work a non-standard shift including nights and/or weekends and/or have on-call responsibilities.
• None required.
Competencies and Behaviors:
• Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
• Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
• Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
• Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
• Client Focus: Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.